Houston

I still have it but I don't know how to mod it and I probably wouldn't want to mod it anyway. If I had another one sure, but its my only one and I've had it for a long time.

Last edited by HardstyleFox (Nov 15, 2012 4:32 am)

Nomad's Land

you don't have to mod the calc for this. all you need to do is build a link cable, which is dead simple to do.

in the worst case a rogue sound routine might hang your calc, nothing that couldn't be fixed by taking out the batteries and doing a memory reset.

mainz, grmny.

Look who's still alive!

Nice work!

Last edited by Stern Fucking Zeit (Nov 15, 2012 12:06 pm)

Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

I'm a bit of a noob, but would this work on a TI83+? I know TI83+se runs at a faster MHz, but TI83+ is at the same frequency as the TI83.

Last edited by wry (Feb 4, 2013 9:44 pm)

Nomad's Land

Theoretically it would work, but only with a few modifications to the code. TI83+ has a different cpu speed, and possibly different port numbers. Also you'd need to adapt the code to whatever asm shell you're using on the 83+ (Ion is the #1 choice, I believe).

If you want to try out these routines on your 83+, I can try to make an 83+ version. Unfortunately it'll take a while since I'm busy with other stuff atm.

This is great. I have a TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (if I can find it) and a TI-85. Also I have previously made link cables, and I also own official link cables too.

However, I do NOT like trackers.. Really I can't figgure them out. I'm a drummachine type person.

Is any of the above programs live oriented? Non trackers?
I'd be interested in all testing if you feel like doing a drum machine type thing. Or drone stuff.

Nomad's Land

A drone type of thing shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll give it a try soon. As far as drummachines are concerned, there is one, actually. I have yet to figure out how to get it to work though. See here http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi … 33890.html

Solar System

Can you port it to GBA???

Nomad's Land

The CPU used in GBs and GBAs is incompatible with regular Z80, unfortunately. Was thinking about doing some 1-bit on GB, but it seems quite hard to do.

Maybe Nitro is up to something in that regard, since several people asked about it already. In fact the mystery ROM he did a couple of weeks ago might actually qualify as indirect 1-bit wink

Douglas, Wyoming

Will this work with a TI84?

Nomad's Land

Same problem as with TI83+, it has a different cpu speed and therefore the routines will not work without some modifications.
Also, there are already mp3 players on TI84 I recall correctly (or at least it has enough flash storage to theoretically do so), so imo it wouldn't make much sense porting 1-bit routines to it.

my mom's basement
HardstyleFox wrote:

Czech republic
HardstyleFox wrote:

Actually NO! I drew it on my calculator in math class, so ha!

my mom's basement
ashimoke wrote:
HardstyleFox wrote:

Actually NO! I drew it on my calculator in math class, so ha!

Oops. Missed that bit.

irrlichtproject wrote:

A drone type of thing shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll give it a try soon. As far as drummachines are concerned, there is one, actually. I have yet to figure out how to get it to work though. See here http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi … 33890.html

This looks great! What seems to be the problem?

Nomad's Land

Haha if I knew what the problem was, I could try to fix it. But it neither runs on emulator nor on my 82. Haven't checked it on 82CS though, maybe the 19.006 version actually works.