Matthew Joseph Payne

if you need extra testers... smile

Milwaukee, WI
kitsch wrote:

minimal in terms of EL tech...  i spent a while on the resistor values to get minimal hum.

it doesn't affect prosound output, didn't seem to the other, but i'll do more testing with actual equipment and not my ear at some point.

i guess i should mention, the PCB is designed with very small panels in mind, so unlike in the past when i'd use (or others) bigger inverters, this is a pretty small PCB 'stick'.  no overkill to it so less hum than the mod in the past for sure.

Rad!   I'll buy one as soon as there available.  smile

Tsuki wrote:

Hi, thanks for your fast reply! I think I'll wait for this backlight, can you just give me some details, like how is the battery life with this backlight compared to "classic" backlight? Is that hard to install? (I haven't soldered something since a long time, like 10 years ago at school), do you have pics with both EL Backlight and another backlit so I can see the difference? Finaly I guess you can only have one color with this backlight, am I wrong? Thanks in advance!

Can you please don't skip my post? T_T

matt's mind
Tsuki wrote:
Tsuki wrote:

Hi, thanks for your fast reply! I think I'll wait for this backlight, can you just give me some details, like how is the battery life with this backlight compared to "classic" backlight? Is that hard to install? (I haven't soldered something since a long time, like 10 years ago at school), do you have pics with both EL Backlight and another backlit so I can see the difference? Finaly I guess you can only have one color with this backlight, am I wrong? Thanks in advance!

Can you please don't skip my post? T_T

um.

not really sure on the diff. in battery length, i haven't noticed any substantial drain.  i measured the current on these a while ago, it was very minimal but i don't remember exactly what.

its easier to install that the other backlights methinks.  less involved...

nope, no pics.  i'll wait for the parts, sometimes they change slightly from samples because samples are hand made.

you can have multiple colors by adding sheets of color film above the light source.  the light itself will be whitish, then you just add a color filter.  but, for now, just while.  some colors aren't even worth doing because they're washed out, and the polarization film adds a bluish tent and it throws it off.

i'll have all the details like this when its all done wink

Thanks for your reply, I think I'll wait for this backlight