Gosford, Australia
Jansaw wrote:

So what... he's asking a question about lsdj technique. This whole what's good and what's not dichotomy in chipmusic has to stop.

nononono if you've ever paid attention to anything i've ever posted here you'd know this isn't the angle i was coming from. i just think it's a goofy question to ask, like a "dubstep drop" or a "wobble" is an actual thing outside the context of dubstep. maybe i'm just being too philosophical about it.

anyway i'm pleasantly surprised by the response itt, given that the "trap hats in lsdj" one was a total shitstorm :v

edit: wait nvm i just properly read it. not quite as surprised anymore :v

Last edited by Victory Road (Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm)

Austin, Texas

Thank god for this thread again.

Freiburg, Germany

Is the command for a wubwubwub the same as for a wobbbwoaabbb?
But seriously ... a "dubstep drop" can – given my limited understanding of dubstep – be any number of combinations of different techniques combined in different ways and order. Do you mean a pitch slide? A wobble? A stuttering / gated sound? ... or are you implying all dubstep drops are the same? I bet the haters would agree.

Boulder, CO

I set my L command to 0L.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Whoo it's that time of month again. Another visit from the dubstep fairy. . .

› 

BOSTON
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

I set my L command to 0L.

^ this guy

Playboy Man-Baby
Saskrotch wrote:

i still don't understand how any one can write dubstep for more than 30 seconds

I've tried about 5 times before in lsdj, blinked and ended up having created some kind of electro-house shit instead.

Chicago IL
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

I've tried about 5 times before in lsdj, blinked and ended up having created some kind of electro-house shit instead.

i don't even mean figuring out the instruments in LSDJ, i mean 30 seconds of written dubstep is too much for me. it get so boring and repetitive so fast.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6320154/Somethi … nippet.mp3

washington
Saskrotch wrote:

*wubwubwubtriplet kickwubwubwub* done?

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

I do drops and break downs, but that isnt a dusbtep monopoly, it existed way before bros started to wobwobwobwobwob.

Wave channels in pingpong mode and playing with the repeat value helps too

Hey!  "Wobwobwobwobwob" was cool before bros starting constructing entire songs out of such.

Playboy Man-Baby
Saskrotch wrote:
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

i don't even mean figuring out the instruments in LSDJ, i mean 30 seconds of written dubstep is too much for me. it get so boring and repetitive so fast.

I didn't mean figuring out instruments, either. I meant writing dubstep in general (was just specifying lsdj). I've tried starting to write wub more than once, and ended up somehow getting completely sidetracked and turning the first 20 seconds of actual chipstep into eventual house-y 4-on-the-floor shit (and just using any of the wave channel bass wobble for that, instead). Attention and focus issues kick in real fast when I try writing a song that has to live with being a dubstep song.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Nov 26, 2012 5:26 am)

orange county, CA

Dubstep 4 lyfe

Chicago IL, USA

this song sounds awesome as shit.

Godzilladelph

so... uh.... you guys are aware that the "drop" is not when the bass comes in, but the split second before when it "drops" out, right?

also: wav channel. wrap and loop functions.

BOSTON

yeah sure this is "how do i dubstep my chiptune thread #7636-B", but I find it completely hilarious that the same scene that just got finished a whole month of circle jerking over moe moe kyunstep wants to flame a kid for asking how to do it

Playboy Man-Baby
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

the same scene that just got finished a whole month of circle jerking over moe moe kyunstep wants to flame a kid for asking how to do it

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

the scene wants

Guys, I think BR1GHT PR1MATE went on all our computers when we were in the shower.