Los Angeles

Dont know too much about Wiring except much of the Arduino platform used it originally- Don't even know how much it's strayed from that now. I know , well at least I think I know Serial is actually C++, and I would guess thats true with EEPROM, not so sure about the I/O, it's been quite awhile since I've looked at the source. Either way C++/C it's all good stuff. wink

If your serious about this project, then i will wait with buying a pre-made Arduinoboy and LSDJMC2 and give yours a chance.

What about the powering input? Because your from Canada and they use 110-120v, while Europans use 220 volt.

clovis CA
waveboy wrote:

What about the powering input? Because your from Canada and they use 110-120v, while Europans use 220 volt.

you could use a wall wart L:

but it would most likely be powered via DMG. or if that isnt suffice then a battery maybe wink

Power converter is a good idea for the volt difference and making it powered by DMG is a good idea, but are there a difference between a Europan and US gameboy in this case, when you want to power other units with the gameboy?

uhajdafdfdfa

i have a powered usb hub i use with my raspberry pi, i assume most people with rpis do since it pretty much needs one. could it be powered by one of those?

Unsubscribe

no voltage difference between region devices. I thought a pi was 3.3v while a dmg is 5v though?

Unsubscribe
ant1 wrote:

i have a powered usb hub i use with my raspberry pi, i assume most people with rpis do since it pretty much needs one. could it be powered by one of those?

Yea that is how I use mine. It has a usb micro power connector and its powered off its own hub this way.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The RasPi uses standard USB 5v power delivered through either the usb-micro power port or, on newer revisions, delivered through the USB host ports themselves.  You need a power supply capable of at least 700mA, but I find I generally need more (I'm using a 1A charger).

Really, the RasPi charging is a great solution because there are a million different cell phone chargers that will work perfectly with the RasPi.  You can even get those portable phone chargers and use it as a totally premade portable battery solution!  Of course, if you want to make your own power source you can just throw 5v across the power/ground pins and you're on your way.

Update: I'll be a little busy this week, starting a new job and finishing up a previous project, but I hope to get to brass tacks immediately next weekend on getting a functional version of this software working!  I've wrangled some school friends into being code monkeys, so hopefully we'll have a basic template of functionality uploaded for you guys soon!

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jan 3, 2013 5:45 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa
herr_prof wrote:

no voltage difference between region devices. I thought a pi was 3.3v while a dmg is 5v though?

pretty sure usb is 5v though isnt it?

i meant the device could have two usb ports, one for power (connect to hub) and one for data (connect to rpi)  since i don't believe that it is recommended to try powering things through the rpi usb ports

Chicago, IL

Take my money now!

Unsubscribe

Sorry youre right, the pi is 5v tolerant.

Puerto Rico

I can't believe lgpt-lsdj sync hasn't been mentioned in here yet! Is that a possibility??

Unsubscribe

Lgpt already does midiclock master on the pi, so you just need something that can take the clock from alsamixer and assign it to the lsdj clock, on one of the gpios. If someone could get full aboy midiout with midi controll of aboy settings working with this id be SUPER HAPPY.

SUPER GIVING MONEY HAPPY.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
herr_prof wrote:

Lgpt already does midiclock master on the pi, so you just need something that can take the clock from alsamixer and assign it to the lsdj clock, on one of the gpios. If someone could get full aboy midiout with midi controll of aboy settings working with this id be SUPER HAPPY.

SUPER GIVING MONEY HAPPY.

Yes, this is what the whole project is about and it's entirely possible.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jan 4, 2013 12:56 am)

Unsubscribe

!

shanghai

!!!