0R360N
LastKnight wrote:

the LastKnight guide

1. Disassemble ..... did that

2. Thoroughly clean with warm water and grease removing dishsoap..... mmm nah

3. Thoroughly dry.... joking right

4. Lightly sand smooth any nicks, dings, scuffs, or scratches with super fine grain sand paper.... drop it on the way to outside

5. ???????????????????

6. paint desired design or color scheme in well ventilated room, around room temperature. (painting in the cold is no no)  ..... it was snowing... no joke

... really what happend, haha

HAHAHA nice wink

Middlesbrough, UK

depressing i know, also updated my first post, meet the twins

0R360N

ooooooo super fami! that looks fun to paint. I need to snag one of those some day

Middlesbrough, UK

hasslte to take apart, but ill be prosounding my supergameboy and keeping the colour scheme, the surfaces came out a tad shit cos i did just about everything wrong you can do, but they look good from more than a meter away!

0R360N

Learn it, live it, love it....

using this under multiple light coats of color (combined with a clean surface, and room temprature), and your projects will be clean and strong everytime

Middlesbrough, UK

sweet, thanks, if i do much more ill have a go at picking some up

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

SNES not NES but thought I'd share.

never saw a clear super game boy, cool

I fucking love the paint job of this nes:

I would love a game boy painted with those colours

Last edited by Battle Lava (Feb 11, 2010 11:12 pm)

Are we talking about normal spray paint, if so doesn't it cover up the writing on the console/controllers?

Doesn't that make them slightly sticky/tacky?

Do vinyl dyes work better in the long run?

Would be great to see a compiled list of Q&A in regards to modding consoles!

Loving what's been posted thus far though...any sega megadrives out there?

Central-ish VA
I Need A Medic wrote:

What's the best way to go about doing this?

I have a Super Nintendo I'd love to paint, but I'm quite the novice when it comes to being cool like everyone else. What's the best type of paint to use? Any specific kinds that bond only to plastic or what have you? Is it best to use a base coat? Tank q.

You're doing a SNES right?  Pictures absolutely required.

You folks are great, I love to see nice mods done to the NES and SNES, two wonderful wonderful machines.  Especially mister SNES, so overlooked!

0R360N

@Battle Lava... Good call dude.. I will definitly do a DMG painted in that style.

@ Dweebie... Depends on what kind of paint you use and how you go about it. None of my paint jobs are sticky and tacky at all. Some paints I use even leave the text on as seen on the front of the blue NES seen above.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
Battle Lava wrote:

never saw a clear super game boy, cool

that's the super gameboy 2!
not only is it clear blue, it also has
a gameboy link cable!
they are sweet...

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Battle Lava wrote:

never saw a clear super game boy, cool...

It is a Super Gameboy 2,  released for Super Famicom hence the different shape and color. It can use link cable and has some different screen borders, but it's not too much different than a regular Super Gameboy. It sure looks cooler though! smile

0R360N

will the SNES SBG carts in a SFAM? since vise versa works, I had to ask smile

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Thretris wrote:

To fit the Super Gameboy 2 I had to remove 2 small tabs from inside the loader on my SNES. US games are much wider and so I highly doubt they could fit in a Super Famicom.

0R360N
MicroD wrote:
Thretris wrote:

To fit the Super Gameboy 2 I had to remove 2 small tabs from inside the loader on my SNES. US games are much wider and so I highly doubt they could fit in a Super Famicom.

Ah, I see what you mean... Dismantled many SNES in my day, but never owned a famicart. Thanks.