Liverpool, UK

An excellent point!

England

promotion is always the bitch, how do you promote stuff without spamming your shit everywhere or creating internet drama to gain attention these days?

Last edited by Jellica (Mar 17, 2010 7:30 pm)

Camden, London
Jellica wrote:

promotion is always the bitch, how do you promote stuff without spamming your shit everywhere or creating internet drama to gain attention these days?

True, I guess you have to be really talented and let other people blog you and stuff. The talent part has been a hurdle for me.

Brazil

Well, we sometimes forget that what we deal with is MUSIC not VIDEOGAMES / VINTAGE COMPUTERS MAKING BLEEPS

Reading this thread made me remind that, and that I need to promote my music in electronic music sites, but then maybe promoting in retro games sites. And so on... Maybe the thing is getting off the same routes so it expand the approach to potential listeners of your music.

Melbourne, Australia
arfink wrote:

...it's a social liability and a crutch for those with no social skills. It embraces the kind of frivolity that social interaction should grow out of after high-school.

Fuck yes! You just summed up my views on Facebook to a T.

Yeah I agree with Subway Sonicbeat, it's definately worth chucking a few mails at 'proper' music sites, just get used to the success ratio being tiny.  While chipmusic is seen as a bit of a 'gimmick' outside the scene that's also a benefit imo, I mean if you're doing something a bit different with it you can use that style as an angle no one else has.   The Facebook thing, hmm... well what's the harm?   Personally I stopped updating the MySpace because FB is far easier to edit with and it's readable without having an account.

Los Angeles, CA

I personally hate Myspace but I keep my page around because people still listen to my music there. I'm all about trying to promote my stuff wherever I can, even if I don't particularly like the site that much (hence why I'm still using Myspace and 8bc). So letting your hate of Facebook influence your decision to not promote your music there is silly. My view, the more people I reach out to, the more potential people I have coming out to shows and having a good time.

ATTENTION NETLABELS: FIX YOUR ID3 TAGS

Sorry if I seem a bit bitter, I just wasted quite a large portion of this morning hand-numbering and labeling songs.

Last edited by PlainFlavored (Mar 18, 2010 9:24 pm)

England

fuck yes streaming now working!

Berkeley, CA

i can't believe we don't have a facebook page. we will soon. haha

lolusa

ATTENTION NET-LABELS:

Hi smile

Unsubscribe

ATTN NETLABELS: This is all.

Brooklyn, NY

Best tweet ever.

herr_prof wrote:

ATTN NETLABELS: This is all.

Unsubscribe

Yea and the day it gets disabled from the front page no less. RIP-OFF.

lolusa
herr_prof wrote:

Yea and the day it gets disabled from the front page no less. RIP-OFF.

It ended on a good note.

Unsubscribe

And its back! Im famous!