Offline
Florianópolis-SC, Brasil
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

That thing of soundfonts not working is usual for me. Also, I was able to use soundfonts and samples, importing it from the program.

Nice to know.

Offline
Brazil
matt.nida wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

I didn't test this on renoise, but have you tried exporting a sample with this calculator thing on piggy? Does it click on the looping point?

I had a quick look at it. It works very nicely; the looper in Renoise basically builds some extra audio information at the end of the sample and then calculates some seamless loop start and end points.

I've loaded some 'treated' samples from Renoise into Piggy; you have to translate the loop start and end points from hex or something into whatever Piggy needs which is fiddly, but it works fine. However, it would be a *lot* quicker if Piggy could just read the XRNI metadata wink

This was also a thing I wished it worked. Not only with renoise exported, but I seem to get a lot of wavs who have this information tthat milkytracker gets (loop points and stuff). I find it easier to loop with milky then copy the loop point by hand on piggy. ASDR PLOX.

Offline
Unsubscribe
vargero wrote:

It's not a NES or SNES soundfont, but a gxscc:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jnmwnzqnmht

Is that a zip with just the gxscc soundfont? Where are you loading it, perhaps its a memory issue.

If anyone cares to share a font that doesnt work we can file a bug report around it, the same for the not being able to add samples after save thing.

Offline
Unsubscribe
matt.nida wrote:

I've loaded some 'treated' samples from Renoise into Piggy; you have to translate the loop start and end points from hex or something into whatever Piggy needs which is fiddly, but it works fine. However, it would be a *lot* quicker if Piggy could just read the XRNI metadata wink

Is there a wiki on this file format? Ill create a feature request.

Offline
Abandoned On Fire
herr_prof wrote:
matt.nida wrote:

I've loaded some 'treated' samples from Renoise into Piggy; you have to translate the loop start and end points from hex or something into whatever Piggy needs which is fiddly, but it works fine. However, it would be a *lot* quicker if Piggy could just read the XRNI metadata wink

Is there a wiki on this file format? Ill create a feature request.

I just posted a request/question about this on the renoise forum.  Usually they respond very quickly so we'll see.

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/top … fications/
Theres already some resposes to check.  smile

Last edited by egr (Jan 17, 2013 4:08 pm)

Offline
London, UK
egr wrote:

I just posted a request/question about this on the renoise forum.  Usually they respond very quickly so we'll see.

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/top … fications/
Theres already some resposes to check.  smile


Good work! Was about to do the same...

I'm sure XRNI is at the top of no-one's wishlist, but it would tally very nicely with how I'm using Piggy these days - as both a sketchpad and live tool for projects I either start in LGPT and finish in Renoise, or vice versa smile

Offline
Unsubscribe

fwiw i think there are (pay) programs that can convert between those formats:
http://www.extranslator.com/index.php?page=exsc

Offline
Geneva, NY

[13:00] <bleo> bitches, i'm about to go afk for lunch
[13:00] <bleo> but
[13:00] <bleo> i wanted to show you some soundfont win: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30952226/mixdown.mp3 (think link is always my latest WIP)
[13:01] <bleo> using this sf: http://www.hammersound.com/cgi-bin/soun … nt1.zip;21
[13:02] <bleo> made a kick from woodblock using chip kick pitch down table
[13:02] <bleo> snare from some other something i can't remember but used rtrg and ptch
[13:03] <bleo> and PLOF works for a second before returning to the predefined loop points, so i used that in a table for drones
[13:05] == bleo has changed nick to bleo_eats

Offline
Unsubscribe

Btw after doing some testting it seems that if you use a soundfont that fills the piggy sample slots, you cannnot import any more sample instruments. The workaround is to edit the soundfont or use one with less instruments.

Offline
Abandoned On Fire

Hey Prof:  I've been trying to make a soundfont from the speech phonems from lsdj using vienna and am not having any luck.  Would you happen to know if somebody's already done this or know of some other (maybe a variety) of "speech synth" soundfonts?

Last edited by egr (Jan 31, 2013 8:26 pm)

Offline
Unsubscribe

i see a few hits for speak and spell fonts. It should be pretty easy in vienna, whats the problem?

Offline
Abandoned On Fire

I only get one sound even tho the instrument i created contain all the samples.

EDIT:  here's my test project https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7082kdgpas6d … SPEECH.zip

Last edited by egr (Jan 31, 2013 9:07 pm)

Offline
Unsubscribe

i dont have a chance to look, but did you set the keyb range for each sample to be assigned to each key only?

here is a good tutorial:

http://www.virtualorgan.com/Default.asp?Page=53

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm)

Offline
Abandoned On Fire
herr_prof wrote:

i dont have a chance to look, but did you set the keyb range for each sample to be assigned to each key only?

here is a good tutorial:

http://www.virtualorgan.com/Default.asp?Page=53

Yeeeeah... probably not.  tongue
I'll go thru this tut and see what steps I missed.

Offline
Unsubscribe

Btw you can use this tool to convert tons of stuff into sf2 format, or even rip wav samples from the soundfont itself:
http://www.fmjsoft.com/awframe.html

Offline
Unsubscribe

Ive been playing with this more, corrected some errors in the initial article, as well as more information on why some soundfonts fail.

Also i linked to this rad analog pack
http://www.flstudiomusic.com/2011/12/20 … fonts.html
http://www.peterswimm.com/?p=796