BOSTON

/shitstorm!

haha, actually, the last time we at the fox studios in NYC, it was picketing outside at the ANSWER anti-war protest in 2004. I'm all too aware of the politics (hence "br1ght pr1mate sell out on national tv", haha), but to be honest media is a two-way street. Obviously, we are there as a odd musical novelty not to talk politics, but the best way for us to convey our social message and our political world-view is through our music; that is why we are musicians and not media pundits or journalists or something.

All things aside, we are going to go in there, be ourselves and promote a genre of music that we love: chiptune. And, importantly, try really hard not to totally fuck up ;D

Thanks for your support guys, I appreciate it!!!! heart heart heart heart

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Jul 9, 2010 8:40 pm)

Philly, PA, USA
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

/shitstorm! etc etc...

well put! goodluck to ya!

Tucson, AZ

Good to hear your reasoning, James.  Good luck.

Geneva, NY

In before "chiptune is not a genre!"  ;P

Sacramento, CA

may the force be with you

BOSTON
bleo wrote:

In before "chiptune is not a genre!"  ;P

I CANT WIN!!!!!!

heart

Spokompton

More power to you, bros. I had a feeling you knew what you were in for w/ the topic title, lol.
Let's just hope that the one Fox employee w/ half-decent google-fu doesn't find this thread and exploit your statement of intent up there...heh...

Los Angeles

OK, I'm surprised! ahaha But obviously even though he's gone as far as protesting there, he cant deny such a great and rare opportunity. Now dont fuck up!! lol wink

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jul 9, 2010 8:53 pm)

NYC

all I want out of this is some free food and groupies

BOSTON
8bitweapon wrote:

OK, I'm surprised! ahaha But obviously even though he's gone as far as protesting there, he cant deny such a great and rare opportunity. Now dont fuck up!! lol wink

HAHA, thanks! That on the top of my to do list ;D

I have to say though, the people at FOX have been nothing but awesome, helpful and friendly, and this is a massively cool opportunity. Whatever politics aside, we can all agree that music should be awesome and fun. SO IM TOTALLY PSYCHED AND THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT ;D

heart heart heart

Los Angeles
Nullsleep wrote:

Good to hear your reasoning, James.  Good luck.

Are you ok with it now or would you still not participate?

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jul 9, 2010 9:25 pm)

BOSTON

Ah, no need for nullsleep baiting!

Hes probably worked harder and longer for chip music than almost anyone else, so its completely understandable that hes going to be protective of how it is perceived. and this IS a weird circumstance, to be sure!

but my shameless self-promotion or not, lets all be friends!!!

;D

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Jul 9, 2010 9:39 pm)

Los Angeles

I'm not worried about that. I know Jeremiah and I dont always see eye to eye, but we've never made it personal. I think people benefit from debates like this, I know I do.

The chipworld is growing faster than ever and people have different opinions about the state of chip and the future. There will be even more awesome exposure opportunities for the chip artists in the near future, this is just the beginning. You cant fight it, its possible chip will not be "underground" for too much longer. Especially when you compare where the "scene" was 10+ years ago to today, it was unimaginable! Now when I look at 2020 (the year not the show) and I expect it to be just as surprising!

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jul 9, 2010 10:02 pm)

Spokompton
8bitweapon wrote:

You cant fight it, its possible chip will not be "underground" for too much longer.

I think chip is coming at an interesting time for popular music, where the industry is no longer looking for "the next big thing" and instead just wants to cash out on "sure shots" while the business model still has a [fading] pulse. It's possible that chip will be a next-big-thing that will never actually get very big, and that it won't really matter at all either way. The netlabel infrastructure is quite established now and I honestly don't foresee a huge change there. I hope it continues on as this folksy, voluntary, awkwardly fun thing, and I think that's likely.

I still think it's awesome that you guys are gonna be on TV. Not for DA KULCHA!!! or anything like that, but just for the sake of the aforementioned hypothetical suffocated proto-creative, and her/his spiritual liberation.

undergroundclouds wrote:
8bitweapon wrote:

You cant fight it, its possible chip will not be "underground" for too much longer.

I think chip is coming at an interesting time for popular music, where the industry is no longer looking for "the next big thing" and instead just wants to cash out on "sure shots" while the business model still has a [fading] pulse. It's possible that chip will be a next-big-thing that will never actually get very big, and that it won't really matter at all either way. The netlabel infrastructure is quite established now and I honestly don't foresee a huge change there. I hope it continues on as this folksy, voluntary, awkwardly fun thing, and I think that's likely.

I still think it's awesome that you guys are gonna be on TV. Not for DA KULCHA!!! or anything like that, but just for the sake of the aforementioned hypothetical suffocated proto-creative, and her/his spiritual liberation.

Very well put. James is the man, and the reputation of chipmusic is in very good hands methinks.

Planet Zaxxon

I'm gonna be on Dog the Bounty Hunter. I'll be the one with the most ice pipes.