Sweeeeeeden

I just released LittleFM 04 (which is the first public release.) If the image above and the rumors are not enough, feel free to read this wall o' text.

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2010/11/09 … ttlefm-04/

Congrats on finally releasing this to the public!  Seeing this got me to donate to Johan for the latest LSDJ version so I can try it out.  I donated a few dollars to you too ^.^ at the mention of a future feature of possibly swapping kits over link cables (stated on your blog).  That would be cool.

Last edited by Battle Lava (Nov 9, 2010 2:16 am)

Sweeeeeeden

Battle Lava: Hey, thanks for the donation. However, it seems that you somehow managed to donate a few swedish kronor instead of a few dollars, (Equivalent of 90 US cents) of which most was swallowed by PayPal, leaving 38 cents.

Also, out of the features listed there, kit trading is plobably lowest priority. In part simply because I'd rather finish the rest of the "core functionality" first. In part because it's a bit tricky to accomplish for a few technical reasons. (Mainly having to do with the sector sizes of flash memories vs the size of kits.) But it is still a planned feature for sometime.

rochester, ny

if you're talking about kit swapping, does that mean instrument swapping is possible too?

Sweeeeeeden

Instrument swapping should be easier, but I'd rather focus on song swapping first smile

nitro2k01 wrote:

thanks for the donation. However, it seems that you somehow managed to donate a few swedish kronor instead of a few dollars

lol woops! I'm going to fix that

ok, done!

You specify LSDJ rom 4.0.5 in your blog article, but have you tested functionality with version 4.0.4 which is the latest stable version?  Or does littleFM require the bleeding edge?

Last edited by Battle Lava (Nov 9, 2010 12:55 pm)

Sweeeeeeden
Battle Lava wrote:

You specify LSDJ rom 4.0.5 in your blog article, but have you tested functionality with version 4.0.4 which is the latest stable version?  Or does littleFM require the bleeding edge?

It should work with any version really, but right now I'd need to prepare a patch/ROM image manually for each version. That's why one of the planned features is a ROM patcher that lets you patch any version of LSDj.
It should actually even work with pre-filesystem versions of LSDj, except that there's no way to save songs.

Thanks for the donation. I've added you to the list.

Edit again: The patch is for 4.0.5 only. This is because that's because dt's the version it was created from. The way you produce an IPS patch is that you give it an original file (Clean LSDj ROM in this case) and a changed file (The same LSDj ROM with LittleFM installed.) The IPS program then produces a patch which is basically the difference between the files. If you try to apply that particular patch to a different LSDj version, it will probably fail because the patch doesn't match the file you're trying to patch. This has nothing to do with LittleFM, but is true for all IPS patches.

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Nov 9, 2010 1:11 pm)

Ciudad de méxico, MX

i've 3 bleepbloops, but not the last LSDJ because de NOI channel suck ass and is too much work to change ALL the noise.

Is there any hope to another version users? 3.9.9 ?

Hey Nitro, how's LittleFM development coming? Can we get an update for what you're working on?

Chicago IL

I can say that whatever he's doing right now is amazing. I don't totally understand it, but he's working on a project for me and he's knocking that shit out of the park with it.

Does it have to deal with a gbc?

BK
Analog wrote:

i've 3 bleepbloops, but not the last LSDJ because de NOI channel suck ass and is too much work to change ALL the noise.

Is there any hope to another version users? 3.9.9 ?

2nded on this version.

Unsubscribe

Would you be able to make littlefm for lsdj midi? 4.1?

on his website it said if a final version was released it would patch every version.

Unsubscribe

Yea I read that but until that pc app exists, he has to make builds himself for you to IPS patch.

Sweeeeeeden

There are two things delaying the next release:
1) I want to add a replacement for LSDj's save function, which is annoyingly slow. If you've used LitteFM's load function, you know what I am. This is the on feature in the program that's missing for the next release atm.
2) I want to finish a patcher, which can patch any version of LSDj. That should get the "hard to use" aspect out the window. Distributing an IPS patch that only works with a single LSDj version is not exactly ideal. Then there's the next problem, so far I'm using Java to write this tool, so that's an extra problem for anyone who wants to use it. Of course, it's an easy to solve problem, but I should actually probably use something else to program the patcher.