Lexington, KY

Yay.
The new Homestuck album, "coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B" has my song, "WV: Become the Mayor of Cans" on it.

You can go buy it here!
http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/col … universe-b

...or you could just listen to my song on my cm.org page. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

...yay, homestuck.

BOSTON

honest question: what is a homestuck and WHY DOES IT DOMINATE THE BANDCAMP CHARTS ALL THE TIME??

Lexington, KY
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

honest question: what is a homestuck and WHY DOES IT DOMINATE THE BANDCAMP CHARTS ALL THE TIME??

A Homestuck is a very popular online web comic that occasionally features animated shorts to drive the plot. These shorts usually have music written specifically for them and the compilation of these tunes are put out on bandcamp for everyone to have/buy.

Recently, the held a contest to have your songs on the next album.

I won... but so did like... 40 other ppl.... so....
...kinda diminishes the importance of victory....
QQ

Anywho, you can read the comic here, should you be brave enough: http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6

California

I don't understand how anyone that hasn't been reading since the beginning can catch up with 6000 pages of webcomic. Just seems like an impossible task.

Chicago IL

so they get a bunch of people to send them tracks and then they sell it? do the artists get anything from the sales?

Lexington, KY
Saskrotch wrote:

so they get a bunch of people to send them tracks and then they sell it? do the artists get anything from the sales?

Yeah... I get some little bitty percentile, but whatever. I don't care. The liner notes have a link to my cm.org and noichan.org accounts... If i get maybe one new fan from it then I'll consider it mission succesful.

...but, also, they allowed me to retain the rights to it and sell it on my own album if I want. So it was a pretty sweet deal, either way.

SIDE NOTE: Holy shit, I did NOT know what I was doing when I recorded this. It sounds like poo, haha. Ah well, good enough for them, I guess.

could they list the songs in a more stupid fashion

your song has 33 facebook shares, dats pretty cool, congrats

VCMG wrote:

I don't understand how anyone that hasn't been reading since the beginning can catch up with 6000 pages of webcomic. Just seems like an impossible task.

They're 4818 pages at the time of the making of this post.

The first thousand pages or so are very fast, really. Each one packs as much information as a single panel in a comic page. A few heavy dialog boxes here and there, but otherwise it flows kinda fast.

But then comes Act 5 and that's when everything goes straight to hell with all the excessively-verbose-for-the-sake-of-apparent-comedy-value conversations between the most insufferable characters ever (yes, the trolls). Not to mention Cascade, the flash animation longer than 10 minutes.

But yeah, I'd say around 24 hours are more than enough to read from the beginning to the current page.

Last edited by El Huesudo II (Apr 13, 2012 8:30 pm)

Chicago IL

i read for a bit on mspaint adventures, is there a point where it becomes enjoyable?

matt's mind

some of the homestuck releases are very very good.  congrats on getting a spot! 

(check out 'Midnight Crew: Drawing Dead"...  my favorite homestuck album atm)

mspaint adventures... is a wonderful mess.

Lexington, KY
Saskrotch wrote:

i read for a bit on mspaint adventures, is there a point where it becomes enjoyable?

At a certain point it takes turn from just showcasing the idea of the comic to actual plot.

...which still... its not for everyone.
I like it... but its so much work to read 9,000,000 pages that I'm only about halfway in.

Sydney, NSW

haha homestuck

Westfield, NJ

It's a nice song! Congrats and all that smile

Lexington, KY

Thanks, man.