Czech Republic

I was doing this tracks for a loooong time.
They ar laying here, no new views.
My top viewed track has 19 views.
What the hell! How can I change it?
Ok, I'm not depressed, I'm doing it because of pleasure, not for fame, but ...
All work and no response makes Jack a dull boy ...
Anyone joining me?
How do you choose tracks you are listening to on Chipmusic?

rochester, ny
ryba wrote:

How do you choose tracks you are listening to on Chipmusic?

if i recognize the user name, then i check it out. if i see someone referring to it in a thread and they make it sound interesting for some reason, then i check it out. if the title of the track mentions something interesting, like that it was made with some interesting hardware, then i check it out.

Savannah, Georgia

how about just stop uploading your music to cm.o since nobody browses the music section and find some other way to get people to notice and respond to your music (soundcloud, bandcamp, youtube, et fuckin' cetera)

because i mean that's what i did

Czech Republic

Ok.
But what's the difference between Soundcloud and Chipmusic?
I'd like to know what trackers think about tracked music.
Do they check Soundcloud and don't check Chipmusic, their own site?
But this is a different question.

Aeros wrote:

how about just stop uploading your music to cm.o since nobody browses the music section and find some other way to get people to notice and respond to your music (soundcloud, bandcamp, youtube, et fuckin' cetera)

because i mean that's what i did

Rochester, NY

Nobody here actually listens to chipmusic lol

i like bacon

Earth

I like ur songs. It's hard to rely on views to tell you how many people listened. Views only tell you when someone visited the song page. Mostly people will just listen to the song in the little flash player and move on. If Views counted Listens, you might have a higher number. But I think If you really want to get out there you should post to soundcloud, make an album, release on Bandcamp, AND post here.

ryba wrote:

Do they check Soundcloud and don't check Chipmusic, their own site?
But this is a different question.

It's hard to say. There is a bigger user base at Soundcloud, but that means you can get buried. But you should use it for sure. And yeah there have been more users in the music section lately.

Last edited by breakphase (Apr 15, 2012 11:28 pm)

Czech Republic

Thank you breakphase.
lot of good informations here.
I didn't know, how Views counter works...
I don't like to play songs on chipmusic too. It's so hard to push play on every each song manually.

Last edited by ryba (Apr 16, 2012 9:37 am)

shanghai

no one listens to music on here. make a soundcloud. we all have one pretty much.