Tulsa, OK

I would like some feedback on what I can do to better my music.

My music can be found here:
http://soundcloud.com/jakea74

http://jakeallison.bandcamp.com/

I only use Nanoloop for iPhone, and my style is generally not chiptune bassed. 

If you dont have anything nice to say - it is okay, say anything that you want. smile

Last edited by Jake Allison (Apr 12, 2012 6:22 pm)

Rochester, NY

Sounds pretty good for nanoloop for iPhone yo

Not really my style of music though...

Listened to Flappers and Philosophers

Tulsa, OK

That track essentially encompasses my sound. Thank you for your feedback! smile

BOSTON

yo, i dont think its EXACTLY there yet, but you are doing some really cool stuff with nanoloop. im psyched to see someone call themselves an "iphone nanoloop artist"

keep it up big_smile

BOSTON

update: daft crunk is LEGIT though

Tulsa, OK

DAFT CRUNK!! Man, when I made it I thought it was the best track I have ever done (it still might be), but it did not pick up traction, nobody really liked it, but this past week it has taken on new life smile LNJF was the opposite, I thought it was cool, but it wasent a masterpiece - It is by far the most popular tune I have released. Funny how things work like that.

I know what you mean, I am more about pushing the envelope of capability than disciplined structure and mixing. I am working on that smile I also have a lot of stuff on deck and in the works that I think is better smile

Thank you so much for the feedback smile

Last edited by Jake Allison (Apr 13, 2012 11:32 pm)

Tulsa, OK

I have posted an updated version of "Animal Crossing" here.

Sydney, NSW

Thank you for the subtle reminder that I bought NL iPhone a while ago.
Sick tracks man!

Texas

Not a big fan of nanoloop, but it sounds pretty good.
I'm with Br1ght Pr1mate, it's not there yet, but i can see you being an 'iPhone nanoloop artist' really soon and pull it off pretty well.

Tulsa, OK

Thanks guys! It is really cool for me to hear your feedback smile I know I am not as good as I can be big_smile

I would really like to hear about the real negative aspects of my music, though. What can I do to make my sophomore slump better?

Last edited by Jake Allison (Apr 14, 2012 2:17 pm)

Texas

Some of your songs lack a proper lead, but other than that everything seems pretty good.
The percussion you got down pretty well.
I became really fond of Tozo though. It was great as well as Animal Crossing.
But if you want to experiment on some lead parts nows the time.
I can see this actually going pretty far in the future. I hope I helped a little lol tongue

Tulsa, OK
8-Bit Vic wrote:

Some of your songs lack a proper lead, but other than that everything seems pretty good.
The percussion you got down pretty well.
I became really fond of Tozo though. It was great as well as Animal Crossing.
But if you want to experiment on some lead parts nows the time.
I can see this actually going pretty far in the future. I hope I helped a little lol tongue

Actually that was a remix of the song "Wobble" by Tozo smile I didnt write that lead, it came from the original wink

I'm glad you brought this up because I put so little effort into melodies - I should have realized my music was suffering! I will definitely take your advice to my compositions smile

Tulsa, OK

BUMP. I am putting together a collection of remixes of my work smile anyone can be on it who uses Nanoloop iPhone or Android big_smile

I'm also making a lot of headway on my next album smile

Armidale NSW Australia :D

I like the nanoloop sound its a nice change.

Tulsa, OK

Thanks man smile I think that the mobile app versions of Nanoloop are the best big_smile it gathers some hate, but I have a lot of fun using it. it is on my phone with me all the time, and I can record samples anywhere! smile