Chicago, IL

I'm actually looking to buy another DS for live mixing, but plan on using an R4 card to put the LSDJ ROM on there.  From what I've heard, I don't think the 3DS is capable of using the R4 card anyway and since I'm a KORG DS-10 user, I currently use it on my DS Lite since my original DS is broken.

So, anybody has a DS with R4 card?  And does anyone have a copy of KORG DS-10 Plus?

Thanks.

Chicago IL

r4 cards are super cheap, i just got one bundled with a 2gb micro SD card for like 12 bucks from realhotstuff.com

also i dont think DS-10+ will be any different from DS-10 unless you have a DSi, which would need a different flash cart

matt's mind

i have some spare acekard 2i's i'm trying to get rid of here: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/utilities

i know its not an r4, but figured i'd mention it. 

i didn't list them as a proper product because i don't plan on stocking them, so if you pick one up go back to that page and add your shipping too.

Mishawaka, IN

Get the acekard it's far better then r4. Still has support for the os.

IL, US

acekard's do work pretty well, never had any issues with mine and you don't need to patch roms

vancouver, canada
Saskrotch wrote:

r4 cards are super cheap, i just got one bundled with a 2gb micro SD card for like 12 bucks from realhotstuff.com

also i dont think DS-10+ will be any different from DS-10 unless you have a DSi, which would need a different flash cart

for the record, if you use a DS-10+ on a regular DS lite, you won't have access to the Dual Mode which is the main feature, but you'll still be able to use some of the other new features like per-pattern channel mute.

IL, US

but he also has a 3DS, doesnt that support all dsi stuff?

vancouver, canada

sure does.  my 3ds runs DS-10+ no problem.

IL, US

and the acekard 2i is supposed to be dsi compatible anyway smile

vancouver, canada

i forgot to add, DSlite-era R4 cards probably won't work on 3ds units for obvious reasons but there should be newer lines of R4's specifically made to work with the 3DS.  last i checked these new R4's will only play DS games though. anyway it's just a matter of getting a hold of them, but i don't know much about that.