UK

Where's a good place to get a custom DMG these days? Preferably from a company in the UK.

UK

I'd recommend DJ Transformer. His site's here and is based in the UK:- http://www.djtransformer.com/shop/

From my experience he's a sound person and sends orders quick.

Last edited by CS (Apr 20, 2012 11:24 pm)

Cleveland, OH

Thursdaycustoms.com
Shipping is only $18 to the UK.

UK
CS wrote:

I'd recommend DJ Transformer. His site's here and is based in the UK:- http://www.djtransformer.com/shop/

Those prices are ridiculous. I wont be paying £70 for a modded Game Boy. I suspect the pricing is, at least in part, a means of reducing the amount of orders he was receiving. There were numerous reports about unfulfilled orders on 8bc a while back. I don't dislike the guy, nor do I want to discredit his ability. Not for me.

justinthursday wrote:

Thursdaycustoms.com

That doesn't seem like a lot to you?

Matthew Joseph Payne
firebrandboy wrote:
justinthursday wrote:

It's not. USPS flat rate shipping boxes that gameboys barely fit into cost $17, and the other dollar or two are for packaging.

UK
kineticturtle wrote:
firebrandboy wrote:

It's not. USPS flat rate shipping boxes that gameboys barely fit into cost $17, and the other dollar or two are for packaging.

Okay, then let me clearer about my sentiment. It is a lot of money to pay for shipping if you are someone that is used to British postal service prices. Hence the reason that I would prefer to buy from someone in the United Kingdom.

UK
firebrandboy wrote:
CS wrote:

Those prices are ridiculous. I wont be paying £70 for a modded Game Boy. I suspect the pricing is, at least in part, a means of reducing the amount of orders he was receiving. There were numerous reports about unfulfilled orders on 8bc a while back. I don't dislike the guy, nor do I want to discredit his ability. Not for me.

justinthursday wrote:

Thursdaycustoms.com

What price would you say is a reasonable amount for a modded one?

UK
CS wrote:
firebrandboy wrote:

The absolute maximum would be £50. For that, I would expect backlighting and prosound. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rochester, NY
firebrandboy wrote:
CS wrote:

The absolute maximum would be £50. For that, I would expect backlighting and prosound. Nothing more, nothing less.

Seems standard pricing from what I've seen 'round the block.  The price of convenience sure ain't cheap but he's not overcharging for the services that you're too lazy to learn yourself.

uhajdafdfdfa

i guess you'll be able to find someone who doesn't run it like a BUSINESS but just does a few for themselves to probably do one for you..... i'd hope anyway. if this was AMERICA you could anyway

UK
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:
firebrandboy wrote:

Seems standard pricing from what I've seen 'round the block.  The price of convenience sure ain't cheap but he's not overcharging for the services that you're too lazy to learn yourself.

Too lazy to learn? No, lack of time. I appreciate the economics of it but I'm not sure his perception of his own value of his time is what I would be willing to pay.

Nonfinite's pricing seems more in line with what I'm willing to pay but I imagine that the additional shipping costs would push it closer to what DJ Transformer is charging.

UK
ant1 wrote:

i guess you'll be able to find someone who doesn't run it like a BUSINESS but just does a few for themselves to probably do one for you..... i'd hope anyway. if this was AMERICA you could anyway

Yeah, fuck the man.

Rochester, NY
firebrandboy wrote:
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

Too lazy to learn? No, lack of time. I appreciate the economics of it but I'm not sure his perception of his own value of his time is what I would be willing to pay.

I get ya mate

Messaged you

Cleveland, OH

Just checked the conversion rates. If you get a backlit grey DMG with an 1/8" pro-sound from http://thursdaycustoms.bigcartel.com/pr … do-dmg-001 then the total is £54.6312

Not too far off from what you're hoping to pay.