Seattle, Wa

http://code.google.com/p/cube64-dx/wiki/BuildingAdapter

Anybody here made one of these? I know the 64 is a bit of a new console for this site. I could handle the soldering easily, but have never programmed a PIC before.

Just get one of those cheepy jdm programmers off of eBay. Only like 7$...

Tulsa, OK

The gamecube is my jam! is is the only gaming system I use for games. I really dont know how this helps other than bypassing the crappy n64 controller for the GC best controller of all time.

The gameboy player on the GC is the best, just saying.

Seattle, Wa
12ianma wrote:

Just get one of those cheepy jdm programmers off of eBay. Only like 7$...

I only have macs, although one has xp64 which that site said can be screwy, nothing with a serial port anyway. I was doing some reading and it looks like USB/serial adaptors don't work very well for using a programmer.

Seattle, Wa
Jake Allison wrote:

The gamecube is my jam! is is the only gaming system I use for games. I really dont know how this helps other than bypassing the crappy n64 controller for the GC best controller of all time.

I just got a GC, and am looking for a gameboy player so I have some games to play on it.

The adaptor is a cheaper way to get a better controller than a Hori micro, having the d pad in a better spot helps on games that use both like 007.

Tulsa, OK
Retrovolvo wrote:
Jake Allison wrote:

I just got a GC, and am looking for a gameboy player so I have some games to play on it.

The adaptor is a cheaper way to get a better controller than a Hori micro, having the d pad in a better spot helps on games that use both like 007.

I hear that - are you having trouble finding a GB player? Every GC needs a GB player! but you have to get the real thing, i had two cheap(er) ones before and they corrupted memory. Now you can pick up a real GB player for like $12. heck, GCs themselves are under $30 most places - I might go pick up a spare big_smile