São Paulo, Brazil

(sorry for the depressing topic title - I'm just a john carpenter fan)

well, maybe egr or someone can help me with this one:

my c64tpc arrived some days ago and today I finally had the chance to test it. No good.

At first, I tried my luck and tested it on a windows xp running under mac parallels (yeah, I know, the chances are working are low, but what the hell, my GB transfer works good on parallels so I gave it a shot). For my surprise, c64tpc connected perfectly, using windows COM3 port and the virtual drive also connected (c64tpc green led was on). But when I tried to load the .prg inside the d64 in the commodore, the c64tpc disconnected all of a sudden (message: "not connected. please select and connect to a serial port from toolbar"). Tried time and again and it didn't work.

okay, so I figured out it was a parallels issue and tested it on a "real" PC running windows XP. Again, it didn't work. It was even worse than parallels test, because in PC the damn c64tpc virtual drive wouldn't even connect. The green led wouldn't turn on, only the two yellow leds (indicating no virtual drive was connected). But, in the PC, the COM1 port wouldn't disconnect like the COM3 port in parallels.

I also configured the port setup like the c64tpc manual says (data bits:8, baud:19200, etc). Didn't work.

Anyone can send me some light on this problem? I'm gonna also write to Ahmet, but he takes some time to write back and I'm in the heat of seeing this thing working :s

Barcelona, Spain

what are you trying to load? test it with the d64's included on c64tpc software. As i know the c64tpc don't emulate the real hard and this cause problems with fastloaders and other demoscene/games custom loaders.

i'm using c64tpc with a XP notebook using a usb-serial connector without problems.

São Paulo, Brazil

I tried the d64's included on the software. None of them worked sad

São Paulo, Brazil

damn it, it was the usb/rs232 converter I was using! Connected it directly on a rs232 input and it worked!

damn 3-dollars dealextreme converter! tongue

Abandoned on Fire
PULSELOOPER wrote:

damn it, it was the usb/rs232 converter I was using! Connected it directly on a rs232 input and it worked!

damn 3-dollars dealextreme converter! tongue

Hey, sorry I didn't see this thread earlier although I probably couldn't have figured your problem out anyway.  Glad you got it working, I'm very pleased with mine. smile

São Paulo, Brazil

thanks egr! btw, are you using some tracker on it? so far, I tested cybertracker, jch and johnplayer. Only johnplayer is ok, savind and loading (cybertracker and jch freezes when trying to read/write files).

gonna grab that d64 version of cynthcart you put in your other thread. smile

Abandoned on Fire
PULSELOOPER wrote:

thanks egr! btw, are you using some tracker on it? so far, I tested cybertracker, jch and johnplayer. Only johnplayer is ok, savind and loading (cybertracker and jch freezes when trying to read/write files).

gonna grab that d64 version of cynthcart you put in your other thread. smile

I'm not sure I've tried JCH, but I know Johnplayer works and Cybertracker does not (freezes as you describe).
The "D64 Editor" I put in that same zip is your best friend, it'll convert anything into a loadable file for you.