Florida

So edgy, I know.

Annyyway, just re-posting from TIGS to spread the love:
Here's a small game I finished over the course of the last week. I'm trying to get a grip on MMF2's eccentricities when it comes it's flash runtime. Just wanted to experience the bugs on a small game before going any further on my bigger one. Surprisingly, there weren't that many.

I was also experimenting with generative music. A good 2/3 of the audio here is connected to something going on in the game.

PLAY HERE:
http://tendershoot.net

PS - This isn't an anti-abortion game. Pleeassee don't turn it into that.

Last edited by Jay Tholen (Apr 24, 2012 5:45 am)

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I liked the part where I saved the fetus from being aborted. tongue

Interesting little game. It reminded me of the parts in Sword and Sorcery when you use the book and find all the little specks of light.
That's probably a shitty explanation, but if you've played that game you'll know what I'm talking about.

I'll play whatever you churn out, brotha.

Fargo

I guess I kept it alive.  Kind of cool looking/sounding.  It gives you kind of a peaceful feeling.

Florida
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

I liked the part where I saved the fetus from being aborted. tongue

Interesting little game. It reminded me of the parts in Sword and Sorcery when you use the book and find all the little specks of light.
That's probably a shitty explanation, but if you've played that game you'll know what I'm talking about.

I'll play whatever you churn out, brotha.

I JUST got that on steam. Gotta dig into it more. Thanks for playing. smile

Abortion is Eco-Friendly and Sodomy is Green.

I let him die.

Florida

There isn't even an abortion in this game sheesh. And he can't die because he's baby Dropsy. Dropsy is in a game I'm releasing next year. Jerks.

Jay Tholen wrote:

There isn't even an abortion in this game sheesh. And he can't die because he's baby Dropsy. Dropsy is in a game I'm releasing next year. Jerks.

I love you Jay!

BOSTON

HAHAHAHAH

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

It's loading indefinitely so I'm sad. On chrome, am I just being impatient or is there a known bug??

Florida

Oh you guys. :3

AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

It's loading indefinitely so I'm sad. On chrome, am I just being impatient or is there a known bug??

Hmm, I'm using chrome too. Have you tried clicking in the game area? I don't know. sad

Jay Tholen wrote:

Oh you guys. :3

AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

Hmm, I'm using chrome too. Have you tried clicking in the game area? I don't know. sad

I'll just buy a new laptop.

(or use a different one)

Lexington, KY
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

I had to wait for a few minutes, but it eventually came up. I'm on chrome, too. Leave it running in the background for a couple minutes.

Haha, cheers, it was me being impatient!
Loved it, but the background art and music were what really did it for me, a fullscreen version of this would be gorgeous on many different levels

Florida

Thanks guys, ha.

AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

Haha, cheers, it was me being impatient!
Loved it, but the background art and music were what really did it for me, a fullscreen version of this would be gorgeous on many different levels

Thanks! I'll probably put out a full screen version eventually. For now I'm doooone though.
Here's a downloadable version if people are having browser problems: http://jaytholen.net/youwillbe.zip

Jay Tholen wrote:

Thanks! I'll probably put out a full screen version eventually. For now I'm doooone though.

Bump this thread when you do please!!