0R360N

Been dyeing to flash your carts on Mac without having to use Parallels? here is some info on the MacOSX flasher app, and even more info on how to use it correctly.

(in an effort to keep the info up to date everywhere, here is a link to my blog)
http://thretris.blogspot.com/2009/12/ho … acosx.html

astral cat

hey, i get a "error opening COM port." message when i try to do anything

Unsubscribe

Great toot!

muenster, germany

I had lots of problems with my bleepbloop usb cart in the past. Somehow my saved songs got lost. So I tried to flash the cart with an more up to date LSDJ. But all I got was lots of error messages in GBCFLSH. Nothing worked. So I tried the windows tool with parallels, but it did not work either. So I thought my cart might be damaged.

I gave it a last try on my girlfriends iMac and it suddenly worked fine. I now could read RAM and FLASH and upload the new version of LSDJ which seems to work fine, too.

So what might be wrong with my MacBook? I got a White Macbook Unibody (late 2009) and Snow 10.6.3. My girlfriend gots an iMac 21,5“ (same SL version as mine).

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

KING.
Testing tonight.

Philadelphia, PA

Sorry to dig up ancient history, but I'm having the "error opening com port" issue myself. Brand new Mac I just got a few hours ago, OS X 10.9. I've installed a few things on here so far, but I'm not sure it would be anything that would cause a conflict... Is there a solution for this?

Ecuador
chipocrite wrote:

Sorry to dig up ancient history, but I'm having the "error opening com port" issue myself. Brand new Mac I just got a few hours ago, OS X 10.9. I've installed a few things on here so far, but I'm not sure it would be anything that would cause a conflict... Is there a solution for this?

I run with the same problems, I had to use parallels and use windows to make my programer work.

I've never had a problem following thretris' tutorial for Mac. I'll try and post how I do it later with screen shots.

Philadelphia, PA

I looked a little more into that thretris tutorial, and I notice this comment from trash80:

http://thretris.blogspot.com/2009/12/ho … 7782708537

It seems that the solution might be to install FTDI comm port/USB drivers. But seeing as I'm kind of new to Macs and don't full understand exactly what he's advising... Can anyone confirm that it's safe to use those FTDI drivers and mess with Terminal and such..?

Philadelphia, PA

Update, if anyone was wondering: Installing the latest version of the FTDI drivers and running that first Terminal command to "unload" them, as Trash80 advised, seems to have worked fine without destroying my computer, and I'm now able to backup to my disk. If anyone knows of any potential danger of doing this.. please let me know before I find out the hard way big_smile Otherwise, it's happy backing up for me.

Last edited by chipocrite (Apr 22, 2014 6:42 pm)