England

Give me surrender or give me death
Give me my life back or give me death
Give me my life back or give me surrender or give me my life back or give me surrender or

London, Ontario

Use a double time groove and add more intricate stuff to create the illusion of more instruments playing.

Lexington, KY

Learn to throw in some nasty panning in your lsdj work and it'll sound like more than 4 channels!

.FILTHadelphia
Zef wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

Other than a link cable, no.  Use another instrument and overdub?   

However, those 4 channels are PLENTY once you learn to unlock their potential.

THIS!
I don't think I would even know what to do with 2XLSDJ, my songs would muddy up ridiculously quick!

If you're programming chords rather than just root notes or arpeggios your channels will fill up quickly. I've just started using 2 Gameboys and I pretty much use one as my rhythm section and one for leads.

I've always been curious about other people's setup as far as two Gameboys goes, what do you do with the additional Gameboy?

Bratislava, Slovakia

use arpeggios smile one arpeggio can make 3 quick tones smile

brooklyn!
defiantsystems wrote:
Zef wrote:

THIS!
I don't think I would even know what to do with 2XLSDJ, my songs would muddy up ridiculously quick!

If you're programming chords rather than just root notes or arpeggios your channels will fill up quickly. I've just started using 2 Gameboys and I pretty much use one as my rhythm section and one for leads.

I've always been curious about other people's setup as far as two Gameboys goes, what do you do with the additional Gameboy?

whatever makes sense at the time! no reason to delineate "one for chords, one for leads" stuff. whatever you think the track needs, make it happen with an extra few channels. maybe it's doubling up bass, maybe it's some little counterpoint line, maybe it's more arps than you think someone can handle!
furthermore, the best advice i can give to someone trying out 2xDMG: just because you HAVE eight channels has no bearing on whether or not you SHOULD use eight channels all the time. using two game boys doesn't necessarily mean maximizing sound as opposed to augmenting your original idea. a far wiser person than myself once told me, "never say in a paragraph what you can say in a sentence. never say in a sentence what you can say in a word." apply this to ANY kind of artistic endeavor.

and to OP: i have no idea what you mean by "scale down LSDJ and emulate more channels". use another game boy, get used to four channels, or pick up a program with as many channels as you want. simple as that!

Lexington, KY
likeluke wrote:

a far wiser person than myself once told me, "never say in a paragraph what you can say in a sentence. never say in a sentence what you can say in a word." apply this to ANY kind of artistic endeavor.

That takes like... self control and stuff. Too hard.

.FILTHadelphia
likeluke wrote:
defiantsystems wrote:

whatever makes sense at the time! no reason to delineate "one for chords, one for leads" stuff. whatever you think the track needs, make it happen with an extra few channels. maybe it's doubling up bass, maybe it's some little counterpoint line, maybe it's more arps than you think someone can handle!
furthermore, the best advice i can give to someone trying out 2xDMG: just because you HAVE eight channels has no bearing on whether or not you SHOULD use eight channels all the time. using two game boys doesn't necessarily mean maximizing sound as opposed to augmenting your original idea. a far wiser person than myself once told me, "never say in a paragraph what you can say in a sentence. never say in a sentence what you can say in a word." apply this to ANY kind of artistic endeavor.

and to OP: i have no idea what you mean by "scale down LSDJ and emulate more channels". use another game boy, get used to four channels, or pick up a program with as many channels as you want. simple as that!

Outside of experimenting I currently have a single track using two Gameboys and I'm only using a single Pulse channel on the second. Haha! But I see what you're saying. That's great advice to carry over into other tracks.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

All of the songs I've posted here, except for "Eve" and "when you feel like it", use 2 carts. The best example I have is "Flight" where the song starts off on one cart and adds another with a different rhythm. The most prolific being "our departure" or "cinema" considering their both dubstep so a lot of different things go on at once.
In "our departure" I double up the lead, bass, snare (noise and kit), and make 5ths.

But, yeah, everything luke said.

Unsubscribe

Four Channels are much easier to swallow if you call them John Paul George and Ringo.

Rochester, NY
herr_prof wrote:

Four Channels are much easier to swallow if you call them John Paul George and Ringo.

seriously

But if I did use two gameboys you can bet I'd have fucking sick drums (1 WAV + 2 NOI) and then I'd be able to have dedicated WAV bass and still be able to use the drum WAV to make funny WAV noises

POWER CHORDS

Unsubscribe

If you used a fast computer and daw you could have 128 channels for funny noises.

Rochester, NY

yeah just throw peach and toad in there and call it a fucking day

Thanks Guys ...  I Think Iv'e got it !

The Waveform channel allows us to use "Kits" which allows two or the same sample to be used at once. SO, Shouldn't there be a way to duplicate this so Both Pulse Channels get the same luxury... or make EVERYTHING waveform so even though It will limit full potential use it would allow me to control a general scale of C-B and I could control everything else by changing the pitch of each note ...

It should be possible ... Shouldn't it ?

Last edited by Maine (Apr 26, 2012 4:09 am)

Philly, PA, USA

No, it shouldn't because the channels presented in LSDJ are actual hardware channels, not emulated software channels. There are two pulse channels in the Gameboy CPU, a wavetable channel, and a noise channel. Each of those channels is able to do only those things. If you're looking for more channels with sample usage with an LSDJ style interface you should look at LGPT. Otherwise you should look into actual gameboy hardware restrictions before making any more uneducated suggestions.

Also read over what you're saying before you his submit, because what you're suggesting, doesn't even make sense. Like not because of any hardware restrictions, but just because your words do not form sentences that convey any kind of meaning. I don't know if you're a non-native english speaker or something, which would be reasonable, but you're really just not making sense.

Last edited by pixls (Apr 26, 2012 4:00 am)

Thanks .. -_-  ....

Last edited by Maine (Apr 26, 2012 4:23 am)