México, DF.

It's like asking a cat to put eggs, man.
Besides, four channels are more than enough, sometimes I think three is too much.
BTW, a lot of people here doesn't like to use the WAV channel to use samples, it's like a taboo thread.

Gosford, Australia

What's wrong with using the wav channel for samples?

Czech Republic

Hell Yes!!!.
you're absolutelly right!
Will there be any function to rename them?
And wouldn't be your LSDJ much more buggy?

herr_prof wrote:

Four Channels are much easier to swallow if you call them John Paul George and Ringo.

Last edited by ryba (Apr 26, 2012 11:23 am)

Rochester, NY
Victory Road wrote:

What's wrong with using the wav channel for samples?

bitch ass titties

São Paulo, Brazil

Listen to Jellica's music and learn how to use samples on LSDJ.

England

Listen to Kraettz's music and learn how to use samples on LSDJ.

Jellica wrote:

Listen to Kraettz's music and learn how to use samples on LSDJ.

buffalo, NY

Yeah there's nothing wrong with using samples in LSDJ, unless they're the only drums you're using.

Using samples effectively is what separates the men from the boys IMO

Chicago IL

god i miss 8bc so much

Unsubscribe
danimal cannon wrote:

Yeah there's nothing wrong with using samples in LSDJ, unless they're the only drums you're using.

SK1 DRUMS4lyfe

buffalo, NY
an0va wrote:

Using samples effectively is what separates the men from the boys IMO

I have a different criteria, but I'm crazy.

What's criteria? Stereo field?

Last edited by an0va (Apr 26, 2012 5:36 pm)

vancouver, canada
danimal cannon wrote:

yeah, i made that mistake when i first got my hands on LSDJ many moons ago... this happened.

seriously though, i say screw what everyone says about "proper" WAV channel usage, even in the area of percussion.  it is important to know why certain sounds do sound better from a psychoacoustic standpoint, but once someone has that knowledge, deciding to use WAV drums (like any other musical element) becomes a matter of choice, taste and musical expression. 

a half-minute WAV drum solo could be seen as an amazing technical feat, given the right context.

Here's an example of a feeble attempt at Dino/Cheap Dinosaurs style crazy wav sample drum break I did

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12252878/an0va% … review.mp3

buffalo, NY
an0va wrote:

What's criteria? Stereo field?

I can usually tell immediately by general pulsewave sound design who knows their way around the block or not, whether it be humanization, creative table use, or 10 other things.