limitations

Unsubscribe

The lure of fame and women.

.FILTHadelphia

My motivation comes in the shortest of bursts. I get a day or two, maybe, a month where I can sit down and actually get shit done. I have a goal for my album and I'm also working on a non-chip side project so maybe just giving myself a time limit will be better motivation.

hiding under your bed

I inspiration from two things:

1. A combination of nervous breakdown/revenge fantasy/lack of musical stimulation. Usually I start with the latter,  it puts me in an odd mood, and the other two follow, eventually giving me amazing ideas for great songs. I then proceed to butcher said ideas with my crappy LSDJ skills.

2. This one girl I'm friends with. This is the kind of inspiration that only spawns crappy Panic! at the Disco covers. 'nuff said.

Either way my songs suck, so whatever.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (May 2, 2012 3:51 am)

San Angelo, TX

After I get done with my football games with my bros and smoke a blunt I\'m always excited...
...chhhhyeah boi!
Lol
But really interesting music gets me off the ground!

Austin, TX

Feelings of tenderness.

vancouver, canada

The prospect of being the next anamanaguchi

STEP 1: try to become white
STEP 2: try to split into four white people
STEP 3: idk

I actually wish I could be black. I hate being a white guy. Is that weird?

Rochester, NY

Hear a good song

steal the strum pattern and general song structure

EDIT: wanna be rich and famous

Last edited by ChipsChallengeBand (May 2, 2012 4:20 am)

vancouver, canada

that's still racist.

.FILTHadelphia
Frostbyte wrote:

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

99% of my music starts out written on piano. Sparks and hints of melodies come out of it. I'm most inspired to play when I get a strong emotion. Like was previously stated, I turn off logic and just improvise. I record it and go through and find little hooks and build and refine them. Eventually they become full songs. If I ever get stuck, I stop and move onto something else. Eventually it'll work out and it'll come to me. It's best not to force it. smile

Texas

For the most part, I seem to only get inspiration when I'm procrastinating, typically a school project. It's terribly unfortunate for me, because I have no control over it, and it only happens when I really should be doing something else, lol. Also, when I'm really getting something good, I can't stop and come back to it later, I almost always have to finish a song all in one sitting, if I come back to it I really have trouble expanding or improving anything. There have been very few instances that I can think of, where I had like 20+ hours of refining over about a months time and had good results, which is very rare for me.

Chicago

now that I think about it, I"m not sure what sparks me to actually get a song done. I leave parts of songs all over the place, whether it be part of the music, or lines of poetry. My notebooks/scraps of paper are mostly one-liners, thoughts. Often I'll sit on the idea and general theme for a poem for around a month before I write the full piece out. But the process of collecting these pieces and dissembling them into a cohesive artistic expression is very loose. I think my biggest motivation to compete a song is the need to have it completed for either a release or for live performance.

Philadelphia
Frostbyte wrote:

It's not too fun. Trust me. Although it does offer a few perks...

I usually listen to songs that are popular now that I necessarily wouldn't and say, "I can do that."

Unsubscribe

I'm batman.