rochester, ny

let's say my setup includes two gameboys, both of which i want to be midi slaves.

could i take my arduinoboy and just solder another gb connector cable to the same spots where the first one is?

or could i take low gain's 1x3 sync box and connect both gameboys and the arduinoboy to that?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lameboymus … 7419956111

sweden

I was also thinking about this just like last week.

Pretty sure you could build the sync box and have your gameboys running two versions of MGB (each with different MIDI channels) and have no issue.

Unsubscribe

you shoudl go with two arduinoboys. Unless you want them in unison for some reason.

Rhode Island

There are two ways of doing this. I was talking with trash80 a month back about it.

You can put another link cable in parallel with the first but you will need modified mGB roms that know to accept midi data on channels 6 and up. The roma are floating around somewhere. This would let you have 3 at the same time with channels 1-5, 6-10, and 11-15

Another option, and what I decided on, was to rewrite the arduinoboy code to send out channels 6-10 on A3-A5 on the arduino. The you can have the regular mGB rom and it will work fine on link cable.

rochester, ny
herr_prof wrote:

you shoudl go with two arduinoboys. Unless you want them in unison for some reason.

i don't want to use mgb, i want two LSDJ's just getting the same clock signal from the arduinoboy.

Rhode Island

Just solder on another link cable and see what happens? Haven't dealt much with the arduinoboy outside of mGB.

Unsubscribe

then yea you should be able to use one of those modified 4player converters that everyone else uses for sync iirc.

I made an AB a while back with 3 outs
Works both with mGB on separate midi channels and midi syncing 3 GB's with LSDJ
It's cased in an old ZX Spectrum Power Supply
I case everything in Sinclair cases smile

Matthew Joseph Payne
eptheca wrote:

Dude. That's beautiful.

Can it be powered from one of the gameboys, or does it require external? I figure all you'd need to do is have no power connection on two of the link connectors, yeah?

Would you make another of these like this?

kineticturtle wrote:
eptheca wrote:

Dude. That's beautiful.

Can it be powered from one of the gameboys, or does it require external? I figure all you'd need to do is have no power connection on two of the link connectors, yeah?

Would you make another of these like this?

Thank's smile

Like all AB's it can be powered from the GB, but I power mine externally.

I have made another one with only one socket
I use both

Cleveland, OH
nickmaynard wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

i don't want to use mgb, i want two LSDJ's just getting the same clock signal from the arduinoboy.

All you need is the clock signal? No data? Soldering two cables to the same spots should work fine then.