New York City
godinpants wrote:

tl:dr stop being a grumpy old man and let the kids have their genres.

I said I like all that music.
But yeah, this is why I get for posting in forums. Thanks for the "friendly" reminder.

hardcore, Australia

Whether you like it or not, my point was more about the fact that you think they are all the same thing.

New York City

Nah, I said they are too close to each other, not that they are the same.
What I don't really like is being called stuff (old, grumpy and ignorant all at once in this case). Just saying. Not gonna elaborate on this anymore or I will be feeding exactly what I should steer clear off.

Brazil

wtf is witchhouse?
house music made by witchcraft? So I can FINALLY make music using magic?

This is the best joke I could think about.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (May 3, 2012 10:43 pm)

Melbtown, Lolstralia

YAY genre conversations!!!

Regardless of similarities to present or past genres there are people out there labelling their stuff as these things and it does sit within a certain aesthetic... also almost all of them started as a joke that spiralled out of control with internet kids taking it too seriously... the thread below is where witch house started going wrong hahahaha

http://www.witch-house.com/forum/viewto … amp;t=1316

nashville,tn

speaking of the malleabillity of genres and their posteriori nature....one of my fav witchhouse predecessor tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjFtbGKqFk

homeboy is eeeeeevil

Gosford, Australia
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:

speaking of the malleabillity of genres and their posteriori nature....one of my fav witchhouse predecessor tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjFtbGKqFk

homeboy is eeeeeevil

relevant?

nashville,tn
Victory Road wrote:
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:

homeboy is eeeeeevil

relevant?

hahaha lolz. bitches domicile? have you heard the levar burton book on tape of his auto bio? priceless

TSSBAY01

really the only listenable witch house stuff is zombelle, police academy 5, and salem and even that stuff is sorta borderline

Chicago IL

actually i'm pretty sure (from an article in the chicago alt-paper) that zombelle is seapunk. the whole article was about her and someone else.

shanghai

i dont really put them under a genre heading all these people, but for ease on the interweb stuff gets all labelled under this witch house moniker. so i state i like witch house, but i dont in the respect of all the people with just symbols for names and an 'evil' aesthetic but utter shite music. when i say i like it im more thinking of stuff like holy other, burial hex, salem........alot of the stuff thats really over done with the occult shit is more than likely made and listened to by a 15 year old. i think there is not much in common between this and the stuff on tri-angle and that aside from the kind of spooky aesthetic, vague artwork so it all got lumped together. balam acab and holy other isnt really dark, or trying to be 'eviiiiil' for the sake of being 'eviiiil', id just call that stuff ambient electronica with a goth tinge haha.i mean all that shit with the alastair crowley artworks and up side down crosses and stuff is 90% percent shit. not all of it, but most.

shanghai

im more into witch-core-rap now anway : P

Gosford, Australia

which house?

Godzilladelph
godinpants wrote:

Witchhouse? That's so 2008.
Now it's all about scuff.

Oh god can we not please. YO DAWG WE HERD U LIEK GHETTO TEK SO WE SPEEDED IT UP AND CALLED IT FOOTWORK THEN WE SLOWED IT BACK DOWN TO NORMAL AND CALLED IT SCUFF

that being said I love me some footwork / juke

Last edited by SKGB (May 4, 2012 5:51 am)

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
Downstate wrote:

people with just symbols for names and an 'evil' aesthetic but utter shite music.

kids who take pictures of themselves with a gameboy and upload utter garbage my first lsdj, genre stereotypes, there's always good shit out there though