I've missed you!

I've been unfathomably busy this past year, but I'll be around all this summer and working on as much music as I possibly can.  Can anyone catch me up on what's gone on in the last year or so?  Hardware/software advances, excellent new artists, essential new releases, etc?  Opinions on the best USB cart available now?  Who is going to tear up Blipfest this year?  Really just talk about anything chipmusic related because I just miss being a part of this community. ^.^

shanghai

Monodeer will rape blipfest.
midi megadrive ala little scale has arrived.
my old cart still works haha but i hear bleepbloop gossip on the chipmusic radar
8bc died.
i miss jesus seashell, zazi and cats music.
the most essential release so far this year is some thang called 'Farewell Static' apparently : P
Beek -blue slide is still the greatest chiptune of all time.
there.

Last edited by Downstate (May 6, 2012 7:22 am)

What happened to 8bc?  Have there been any significant LSDJ updates?  I haven't paid attention to them since one of them messed with my S command.  What about Nanoloop?  Is there anything compelling enough to upgrade from my 2.3?

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

The knife city EP, Cheapsh0t album and Monodeer EP come to mind as things I've been listening to that came out in the past 6(?) months.

Tokyo, Japan

Those are my top three for the last month for sure.

Also do I get a cookie for recognising the queen reference?

orange county, CA
10k wrote:

The knife city EP, Cheapsh0t album and Monodeer EP come to mind as things I've been listening to that came out in the past 6(?) months.

All MUST haves.

I've been away for quite some time as well and I say check out the 8bp knife city album... also anything kraetzz has done (kittenrock) and if you haven't checked out his dubstep release, so so (even if you don't dig dubstep like me). Drag an d drop carts are at the tips of our fingers soon. Misfitchris poops out pure gold, so check out anything and everything he's done. like the other fellows said, 8bc is dead. Check out promwolf on bandcamp. Ctrix came out with some sweet atari 2600 music making stuff... There's lots of noobs flooding chip.org since 8bc closed down... rock

Chicago IL

basically this is what i've been listening to lately
http://www.ubiktune.org/releases

especially the new coda, joshua morse, soundshock comp, and virt releases

Lazerbeat wrote:

Those are my top three for the last month for sure.

Also do I get a cookie for recognising the queen reference?

You get every cookie I have to give!

matt's mind

the drag n' derp cart by abrasive (battery-less and drag-and-drop) will be out soon (we all hope!) and its going to be the shit. period. 

actually, i think its been long enough you may have missed the everdrive cartridge wave and the effects on making music with a sega genesis this has had.  at least playback on hardware. 

which brings up Deflemask, as well as little-scale's MIDI device.  its been a big recent time for sega products.

the nanoloop revisions are pretty remarkable, there is USB interactivity now (limited, but seems there is potential/interest in meeting community requests) and the 1.x versions dropped the shell for a thicker PCB, sort of dev style. 

8bc went to a donation-base, this seems to not work out well with basically the site having rolling downtimes at the end of the month, then it went down, and now there is a big pink bubble holding its place.  dunno.

those three albums are also what i've been listening to as well, too good.   

finally going to blip myself, would love to see you there if you make it!  we've been needing to meet...

Tokyo, Japan
Saskrotch wrote:

basically this is what i've been listening to lately
http://www.ubiktune.org/releases

especially the new coda, joshua morse, soundshock comp, and virt releases

Yeah I think if Ubik stop releasing albums till 2013 they would still win label of the year.

IL, US

stick with 2.3 most likely, i havent jumped to 2.5 yet myself...i think oliver has a list somewhere of a few things that arent working in 2.5 that you may find essential... and im going to blip, again...
im thinking a year means you've missed all the datathrash releases then...also recommend awkward terrible's "i feel sick" & awkward terrible/glowing stars' "horchata"

You all rock!  I doubt I'll be able to make it to Blip this year.  It's the weekend of the 24th, right?  That's next to no time to get my shit in order, find a place to stay, get some extra cash, etc, etc...

god you're all under the quilts

NEW CODA NEW VCMG NEW 4MAT NEW VIRT NEW KNIFE CITY NEW FEAR OF DARK chibi-tech won famicompo ( ok not new)

but the most important thing you should know is that famitracker has been hacked and can now run up to 25 channels in unison. yeah really.

TSSBAY01

in other words nothing has changed

oh and tempsoundsolutions lost their ability to read