rochester, ny

ROCHESTER CHIP _ 019

Friday, May 18th, 2012 @ Nick's House (52 Nicholson Street)

Suggested $2 Donation
( ALL PROCEEDS GO TO FUND THE ROCHESTER CHIP FEST IN NOVEMBER )

Workshop @ 8:00pm, Music starts at 9:00pm

ARTIST RSVP PAGE HERE - http://bit.ly/JBrDUc

###########################################

Rochester Chip is a monthly series of events dedicated to promoting artists and groups who use the sound chips of retro computers and video game consoles to create new original music. This exciting and often experimental form of electronic music repurposes devices such as Nintendo Gameboys and Atari 2600s as synthesizers and sequencers to create exciting new compositions in a wide array of genres.

For the month of May, we're trying something new - an open mic show! Anyone can sign up and perform. All sets must be kept short ( 10 minutes MAX ) since we're going to be trying to fit a lot of people in and you must be able to set up your gear and start performing quickly. We'll have a mixer you can plug into and microphones you can use but that's all. Ideally, we want the transition time between performers to be minimal. If you know your setup time is going to be a little long, contact us through the Open Mic RSVP page and we can talk about it.

If you've never played a show before, if you have a few random songs that don't fit into what you normally perform, if you've only written one song, then we'd love for you to come out and play. If you're interested in performing, RSVP at this Open Mic RSVP page we've set up! We'll announce the performers as we confirm them!

Also, you don't have to make chip music to perform! Any kind of music is welcome!

ARTIST RSVP PAGE HERE - http://bit.ly/JBrDUc

SEGA GENESIS MUSIC WORKSHOP by Nick Maynard

Interested in learning the basics of writing music for the Sega Genesis? At this month's pre-show workshop, Nick will be discussing VGM Music Maker and the Yamaha YM2612 FM synth chip! No previous tracker / music experience necessary! Comment below with your favorite Sega Genesis music and we'll dissect the tracks at the workshop.

Rochester Chip website - http://www.rochesterchip.org/

buffalo, NY

fuuuuuuu if I wasn't on tour I'd debut some new shit

rochester, ny
danimal cannon wrote:

fuuuuuuu if I wasn't on tour I'd debut some new shit

you can do a set over skype.

Seattle, WA

CAN I DO A SET OVER SKYPE?

or Mixlr.com + skype big_smile

Last edited by AbductedBySharks (May 5, 2012 9:24 pm)

rochester, ny
AbductedBySharks wrote:

CAN I DO A SET OVER SKYPE?

or Mixlr.com + skype big_smile

yes, yes you can. sign up at that rsvp link!

Rochester, NY

Zack wants to do it

I want to do it twice

rochester, ny
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

Zack wants to do it

I want to do it twice

Tell Zack to sign up!

Rochester, NY

He needs to write a song first

his words, not mine

Rochester, NY