nashville,tn

sooo.... just curious, given the particular kind of abstract thinking involved with programming/arranging  sequences/tracking and the occasion to find one doing that sort of thing for extended periods of time, its seems likely that chip will invade one's dreams. i had a bizzare example playing all last nite. something along the lines of making bass drum sounds "razzy" enough for a candy shop. that is, i was making some weird combination of a jaw breaker with cotton candy-like a bass drum with a slight slide detune, lfo and slight hold on the notes. so people could eat the sounds. everytime i made one and threw it down on a conveyor belt i heard that sound, in time. weird.  anyone else have ever have any chip dreams?

Last edited by sugar sk*-*lls (May 10, 2012 1:42 pm)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

No

nashville,tn
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

No

lolz ah well good to be reminded my observations and insights are inane and best kept to myself

uhajdafdfdfa

when i first joined 8bc i had a dream that there was some kind of hazing ritual to join involving sabrepulse and epichunt and one of them stole my sunglasses(?)

I don't usually dream about it, but I often come up with song/technical ideas while I'm trying to fall asleep.

ohio gozaimasu

I once had a dream involving chip. I found out my father was a chiptune artist and we were both invited to play a show. Then we drove to New York City and arrived at a boarding film school where everyone had a British accent. Everyone had to do a bunch of physical tests to get into the school but I was lazy and didn't do them, so the lady just made me eat a pie and I was accepted. After I realized this was a boarding school and not a chiptune concert, we left and went to the actual address. When we got there we found out it was a parking lot and there was no show, so we just started dancing on top of the cars.

I honestly don't remember last time I ever dreamt something. I have pretty horrible sleep apnea and haven't really reached REM for a healthy period of time, so that might be why. The only thing close was that I remember having some kind of a nightmare and though I don't remember a single detail I only get this feeling that it was absolutely terrifying. But that's how nightmares always work right?

Savannah, Georgia

i dream about chip regularly, and that's actually where some of the melodies in my music have come from. it's honestly sad that i suck so badly the only place that i can effectively make music is in a dream where i'm sitting at my crappy desk in my crappy chair holding my glitchy gameboy thinking about how i'm going nowhere in life with this. ;_;

Lexington, KY

I had one where I played Blip and I was really excited to meet the NYC crew.... but then learned we had nothing in common. Very disappointing. XD

an0va wrote:

But that's how nightmares always work right?

Was it a CHIP nightmare?!?!

Last edited by Solarbear (May 10, 2012 10:55 pm)

Plain Flavored's Hexadecimator: Chip Music In G Minor is based off a chiptune dream and is well worth a listen:

http://calmdownkidder.com/records/releases/cdk048