Antwerp, Belgium

Hey guys, I made this track, it turned out to be a hiphop beat. Let me know what you think, I like the ending, but I feel like the beginning might be too long or the repeating loop might be a bit too boring. The solo at the end was made using a Casio VL-1 with a big muff and a Q-tron.

http://soundcloud.com/vegas-diamond/trespassing

THANKS,
Vegas

Westfield, NJ

I think it's good. Reminds me a little of Dauragon. The middle section is fine to me but you could try and spice it up a little by messing with the drums, putting some breaks in there, etc. Also the casio is a nice touch but the outro is a bit weak, it would be nice if you could find a way to keep nanoloop playing and end on a sting rather than fading it out (so the lead and bass are both present at the end).

Detroit, MI

Yeah, what he said. But I would also crank the sustain on that muff, like 3 o'clock. But that's just me haha.

Antwerp, Belgium

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to rework the track and either make it shorter or add another riff or fills etc. You are totally right about the ending, I first recorded nanoloop and then recorded the solo over the loop but it ended up being too short.

About the big muff, it's actually a bass big muff with all the buttons cranked, it can't get any nastier than this, which is disappointing!

Thanks again! I'll post the reworked version when it's done

Detroit, MI

Huh, that's the one with the blend knob right? Make sure it's all the way to 'wet' or 'effect' or whatever. That pedal mixes the fuzz in with a crab signal, which could be your problem.

edit: clean signal

Last edited by SUPERNERD wants to fight! (May 15, 2012 5:33 pm)

Antwerp, Belgium

Yes It's the one with the blend, the nanoloop signal was recorded with a 25% blend in fact. I think the reason you don't hear much of the fuzz is that the filter was behind the fuzz, killing most of the top-end crunch

Detroit, MI

Yeah, that could be it.

you could fit your bassline and kick on the S channel. Would make for more boom and bass. + free up those other channels. Also use a Sine wave for maximum low end.

Antwerp, Belgium

Thanks for the advice! I'm already using a sine wave for the bassline though. I might try putting the kick on the S channel and see if I can fit something else on the R

Detroit, MI

Fat square wave on S channel=hella bassy. Especially with a little eq afterwards. That's what I use for most of my kick and bass in general.