Lavaridge, Hoenn

Hello, Chipmusic!
I have messed around with LSDj, made a couple little songs a bit before this, but I managed to make a song that's not terribly bad big_smile
I was shooting for a dreamy effect, with the reverb and flanger.

Anyway, here are the instruments:
LSDj provides the bass, background, some melody
I play some melody with a monotron DUO (It's the parts that sound kind of unsynced)
LSDj runs into the monotron for effects processing, which is then sent to Ableton Live for reverb/flanger/record.

In addition, the song is titled "Travel in Sound", but I was wondering if a better title came to mind.
Link to .mp3

California

Wrong topic whoops

Last edited by VCMG (May 18, 2012 1:45 am)

.FILTHadelphia

For a first song this sounds pretty rad. My critiques would be to add a little more percussion elements, tone down the effects and add a bit more variation, it does get a little repetitive.

Austin, TX

You could add variations  of your instruments so that when you lay out a melody it doesn't feel as monotonous.  Maybe lay out a phrase with some short versions of the note thrown in, and some that pull up and down as well.  Maybe try to make the notes more varied when they hit, kind of like how a vocal track sounds more interesting than just the notes by themselves.  I'm not any good at this myself, but I'm just saying!

Edit:  Wanted to also say, very nice track man!

Last edited by HimsyPimsy (May 18, 2012 2:01 am)

NC in the US of America

I liked the wet sound with the effects. I didn't like the abrupt transitioning between wet and dry, though.

I really liked it.