California

Wondering if anyone knows a way to add a line out to the gamecube or even directly on the Game Boy Player accessory itself. I have not checked the fidelity of the stock rca cables just yet but I have a feeling it is not going to be perfectly clear. Alright thanks for any info.

anyone with experience using the gamecube to make songs on lsdj feel free to add some info on your experience. thinking of making this my preferred at home console for composing on lsdj. Thanks big_smile

Last edited by Rei Yano (Mar 2, 2011 6:59 am)

IL, US

they sound great, clearer than a prosound modded DMG
just saw i had this file on my server still from a few years ago, sorry its so big (wav files), but this has recordings of prosound dmg, game cube player & regular dmg (if i remember correctly, it is from a  little over 2 years ago)
http://www.soundcollapse.org/comparison.zip

California

awesome. I will give it a go soon. gonna get a tv tuner soon to be able to play on my pc monitor.  My pc does not have video in at all so I gotta get one of those.

California

hey e.s.c. I listened to each and the modded dmg is superior. there is a low volume hum on the gamecube side. also the modded dmg just has a better idk.... like a nice full sound. might just be my imagination. in any case that hum is what I would want to get rid of.

San Francisco

we need to crack dis bitch open an get up in da guts.... i dont have one otherwise... i would be in dair like swim wear.

California
wedanced wrote:

we need to crack dis bitch open an get up in da guts.... i dont have one otherwise... i would be in dair like swim wear.

thinking about letting a buddy of mine get in there and get hacking at it.

I know that you can add a line out to the gba sp. since this is basically a gba under the covers it should have a similar set of chips right? so a line out mod from the accessory itself seems possible...

BTW if any of you guys are interested in having a game boy player they are rather cheap on ebay. just make sure they come with the disc since finding the disc on its own is not easy.

Last edited by Rei Yano (Mar 2, 2011 10:49 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

egr used RAISE

Does the gbplayer give you "extra processing power" like an SP or Color does?

Tulsa, OK

GC + GB player = THE way to go.

Abandoned on Fire

How does the button layout work for lsdj on this?

IL, US

oh, just saw your processing question.. since it is made to play GBA games mostly, i'd have to imagine you'd be able to take full advantage of the faster processor

fakebit

Abandoned on Fire

Sooooo can anybody comment on the usability of the GC controller?  Can you map the buttons or anything?  Just get a different controller?

IL, US

i guess if you were really not down with the button layout, you could use the game boy advance-game cube cable and use a GBA or GBA SP as a controller