Sweeeeeeden

I'd better make an announcement here as well. If you ever run into problems with a song that loads forever or is corrupt, or if all your songs are gone one day, contact me. It's not impossible that I can actually fix the problem and recover the song full, or at least to a useful state. Remember this announcement until you need it.

Contact me at [email protected] or with a PM.

To try to recover a song, I need a sav file from your cartridge. If you back up the data at several points, don't overwrite any old files, as an old file may contain data that was later corrupted.

Don't simply send me a "lsdsng" format file as that may not give me all the data I need. Don't play around with the file in LSDManager without saving a copy, as that may also overwrite useful data.

And of course, prevent the disaster before it happens by backing up often and store your backups in a safe place. smile

Neo Jersey

hopefully i wont ever have to but good to know, thanks smile

Tokyo, Japan

Yeah, I have a big offsite upload of all my LSDJ stuff but this is a very useful safety net. I feel we should rig up some kind of Kleig light with a silhouette of Bitshifter in a rage scream that we can shine at the clouds to call you in when we need you.

Russia

what if battary down, not sav file?

Then all data is gone. Unfortunately ram is not able to be saved like corrupted data, as it literally disappears when power is lost

Godzilladelph

so i've loaded both flash and rom, both loaded successfully, but I get the message "game logo signature is incorrect. Cartridge is blank, damaged or not connected"

Can you recover it?

Philadelphia
SKGB wrote:

so i've loaded both flash and rom, both loaded successfully, but I get the message "game logo signature is incorrect. Cartridge is blank, damaged or not connected"

Can you recover it?

Are you able to use the lsdj file manager to open up the .sav and see if the song titles still show up?

Tokyo, Japan

Also it might help N2k to know a little more info like the cart type / os etc

Sweeeeeeden

Send the sav file to the address in the original post.

Philadelphia

I hate to bring this back to life, but I tried sending you an email (I don't think it ever went through) and pm (I think your inbox is full so it's not sending) about possibly getting help with my data. I'll be able to send the .sav file to you tomorrow once I get the power cable for my transferer.

Madriz, Supain

I lost one of my carts (the sav data is corrupted apprently and when you flash it again on a new one therees no songs at all) the day before a concert and I had some "masters" on it, can i haz recovery data too?

Robotcity, the year 20XX

Hi Nitro2k01: Did you see my PMs? I have a corrupted file and really want it back sad

So I hope you can restore it. I did send you the sav file as well.

Boise, ID

I sent a PM and email your way... Thank you, Nitro!!

Toronto, Canada

I was using a BennVenn El Cheapo cart
Will that cause any issue in fixing the problem?

i always make sure to make a local backup and a cloud backup of pretty much everything

South Korea

I destroyed eight songs instantly. Only you are my hope. Please check your mailbox.