Could you sync a DS lite running NL 2.5 to:

Another DS running Nanoloop 2.5?

A DMG running LSDJ or Nanoloop 1.5?

I'm mostly wondering about a sync to a Macbook running Ableton Live 8.

Chicago IL

quick answer: no

press play at the same time on both and run them through a mixer. human syncing is an option

Micro? ummyesss!  http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1361/ … ync-tests/

Brooklon

editv2: AND I don't pay attention. You're not using DS-10.

Last edited by Note! (May 13, 2012 8:24 pm)

Frostbyte wrote:

press play at the same time on both and run them through a mixer. human syncing is an option

maybe for lsdj, but the bpm in nanoloop isn't accurate. It's off by decibels, so it eventually goes out of sync.

and it just dawned on me, but you cant slave ableton, so a master clock isn't an option.

Hmmm nice, I have a micro as well. Too bad the sound on the micro is bunk compared to a DS lite. That's what I got for NL 2.5 at first but later noticed it had really bad background noise. It would be a pain in the ass to keep it in sync. You would have to choose one of the tempos NL 2.5 has to offer and set Ableton Live to that. It would still waver and need your constant attention. I have way to many things going on to deal with syncing nanoloop. I guess I should just sample NL 2.5. That's still really cool about the Micro sync cable!

Now... where do I get my hands on a MIDI interface, or the components for a MIDI interface that will sync (a DMG running) LSDJ and Ableton Live? tongue

I've seen a few videos on youtube of successful LSDJ/Ableton Live syncs.

Tokyo, Japan
elephantapede wrote:

Little-scale and I messed about with Nanoloop 2.3 on 2 DS lites which we synced up by ear and jammed on for about 25 minutes and it was solid as can be. Which prompted one of the funniest things I have heard ever.

10k "Guys, Robert Miles called, he wants his tunes back"

Lazerbeat wrote:
elephantapede wrote:

Little-scale and I messed about with Nanoloop 2.3 on 2 DS lites which we synced up by ear and jammed on for about 25 minutes and it was solid as can be. Which prompted one of the funniest things I have heard ever.

I wrote a comment on little-scale's blog awhile back. As ked him if he could help me make a midi sync device for LSDJ and ableton live. I've looked all over the place for one. I think I would probably have to make it myself.

Lazerbeat wrote:
elephantapede wrote:

Maybe nanoloop makes a better lead