Austin, TX

So when I'm looking for someone/something else to randomly play some music for me, instead of turning to the terrible choice of the local radio stations, I like to pull up Pandora.com. Now for almost all other styles or moods, I have been able to create a station decent enough that I never have to skip a song; however, I'm having one hell of a time trying to get a worth-a-damn chiptune station "programmed" into a new Pandora station.

Anyone else around here use Pandora? Anyone else around here pulled of a relatively decent chiptune station? Would you mind giving me a handful or your seeds (be it artist, album, song, etc)? smile

MA

Fuck Pandora IMO... Try Last.FM...and you won't be disappointed! I also tend to listen to music quite a bit on my comp....Pandora only offers (about) 42 free hours every month, then they want you to pay. (For the same crap you got for free??? You could just sign back up with a different S/N, but what's the point?)

Just give Last.Fm a try.... (Trust me there's probably a few good others, I know) I've seen most of the Artists here on Last.FM + you can mix up your chip tunes w/ your other fav. music (jazz is my other choice...btw) Also I notice they make it a lot easier for you to access good info on certain artists...and gives you options to buy and see videos...etc. etc. Very cool, and wouldn't use anything else, as far as internet radio!!!! Enjoy kid!

smile

Austin, TX

Ok sweet, I haven't really expanded my online music venues much, and it's mainly because I've had so much bad luck in the past. (So I guess that can be seen by my latest stop was on Pandora hmm) But if I'm getting Last.FM as a recommendation, then I'm all for trying it out. Thanks! smile

Huddersfield, UK

Alternatively try:

- Bitjam
    - Kohina
    - Mazemod

Three of my favourites...

Roanoke, VA

I'll cast a vote for Last.fm, I've been on it for years.  Only got on Pandora in the last year, not as impressed.  I've subscribed to both (good for a small number of reasons), and I think Last.fm is widely more open-ended.

ceafin wrote:

decent chiptune station?

Why isn't there a live one..even if it's just once a week!

uhajdafdfdfa

All my last.fm recommendations are rubbish. Dweeble, there was one organised by Edinburgh University a few months ago but it didn't really work/take off.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

di.fm
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
No chiptune yet, although they are looking for new genres to make into stations, WHO KNOWS?

http://www.scenemusic.eu/demovibes/

nectarine plays damn good chiptunes often.

Austin, TX

Last.fm is much better, and I think Grooveshark has a radio feature.