São Paulo, Brazil

hi folks,

My mssiah cartridge (finally) got here yesterday. Still hadn't the time to read all manuals, only bassline. I'm putting mssiah slaved to ableton live via MIDI. Although I can send midi clock from ableton to mssiah bassline, I can't get it to play the pattern notes I write on ableton. I tried mssiah in both midi notes and midi pattern settings. Anybody has any clue what I'm doing wrong?

thanks!

Last edited by PULSELOOPER (Jan 28, 2010 10:57 am)

East Kilbride, Scotland
PULSELOOPER wrote:

hi folks,

My mssiah cartridge (finally) got here yesterday. Still hadn't the time to read all manuals, only bassline. I'm putting mssiah slaved to ableton live via MIDI. Although I can send midi clock from ableton to mssiah bassline, I can't get it to play the pattern notes I write on ableton. I tried mssiah in both midi notes and midi pattern settings. Anybody has any clue what I'm doing wrong?

thanks!

If you've got the manuals and you haven't read them, why not read them?
He doesn't seem to explicitly say how to do it, but he does offer a few suggestions. Here is a working Mssiah to Ableton.

Also, you might want to contact Smiletron, he said in a post on 8bc that he got Mssiah working with Ableton.

I'm only doing this to be nice, in future, please do some searching yourself. It really didn't take me long to find these things.

Brazil

Sycamore, hm, i know you don't know pulselooper, but I know the guy and I can assure you he didn't read not because of lazyness, but cause he are really full of work to do and probably won't have time the next few days. Also, he is probably looking for different opinions for a solution and experiences in doing that, not asking to be spoonfed.

York, Yorkshire

If you're trying to trigger notes from your sequencer rather than triggering patterns in Bassline, you would be better using the Mono Synth module.

São Paulo, Brazil
Sycamore Drive wrote:

I'm only doing this to be nice, in future, please do some searching yourself. It really didn't take me long to find these things.

I did some searching @ mssiah/prophet64 foruns and, as I said, I only read bassline and mssiah intro manuals so far. But really, if the manual "does offer a few suggestions", why didn't you tell me what are these suggestions instead of putting an youtube video just to prove what I already know -- and just can't find the way to do it?

York, Yorkshire

From what you've said, i think you're going about this the wrong way.  I think the Bassline is really meant to be step programmed and just run off midi sync. Give the Monosynth a go instead wink

I made a Cubase SX panel for MSSIAH Monosynth.  I'm sure it's only a matter of time till someone does one for Ableton.

Last edited by BitPop (Jan 28, 2010 12:49 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil

hey bitpop, thanks. smile

but you see, in that video above, the guy is sending pattern notes from ableton to bassline.

I'll check out monosynth later and see if it works there. thanks for your time, and this cubase sx panel is just great.

New York City

I kind of want a MSSIAH now. Really.
I never gave any chance to Prophet64 because the Sequencer was shit.

PDX
BitPop wrote:

I made a Cubase SX panel for MSSIAH Monosynth.  I'm sure it's only a matter of time till someone does one for Ableton.

Thank you. I use Cubase/Nuendo so this is a welcome treat!

York, Yorkshire

Thanks guys smile 

Due to the problem MSSIAH has with CC dumps, you may prefer the version without the presets :

http://www.rebornonline.com/blog/2009/0 … esets.html

I planned to do a panel for the sequencer too, but another guy said he was going ot do one and I didn't want to tread on his toes.  Seeming as that hasn't yet appeared I might give that a go too.

FERNDALE, MI, USA

i lol'd when he goes to show the pitch bend on his keyboard and you can clearly see his bowl just chillin there.

UK

Mr pulse looper, have you made absouloutly that your midi out is set up properly in ableton. Sounds to me like you only have synk turned on and not track or remote.

brighton, uk

Guys, keep your eyes on this thread.
http://www.prophet64-forum.com/viewtopi … 30&p=2
A VST interface that is compatible with ableton, apparently out today.

My C64 is out of order at the moment but I'll write up a little guide for Ableton users if this VST doesn't surface.

Last edited by CMDR (Feb 14, 2010 12:36 pm)

New York City

That MIGHT make me want to buy MSSIAH D:
On second thought, not. it's only for the MONO synthesizer, not for FULL MIDI MODE.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 14, 2010 2:15 pm)

brighton, uk

yes, and it costs 10 pounds.

bassline vst will be free