Marseille

that and the utterly stupid phenomena known as pompomgirls or cheerleaders. if its somthing that kills american sport, thats it!

Unsubscribe

In interest of equal time, I hate eurofootball for introducing flopping, and thereby ruining, american basketball. redcard inducing pussies.

London, UK
Anamanaguchi wrote:

I was just talking with Ary about how much more intense European sports are to American sports. Here people don't really have 'state' pride, America is the same all over really unless you're in a huge city - if not by geography, certainly by culture (and that doesn't even get into players being traded etc./free agents). Always been jealous of European sports because for instance when France plays Germany there is actually some fucking history there!

Oh look its Tampa Bay, Florida VS. St. Louis, who cares?

Maybe thats why American nerdbros hate sports, its just common sense over here haha.

that's actually the reason I dislike a lot of sports here. Having pride in your town/city/country is a good thing, unfortunately a lot of 'fans' use that as the reason to incite hatred and violence. Having lived among it in of the most violent places (Glasgow), hooliganism is not clever.

Brazil

You guys are forgetting completely about south america's football. Even if in england there is the hooligans, down here the rivalry is huge. Specially Brazil vs. Argentina (Akira knows that!). Also, I still question myself how anyone can play in La Bombonera.

Brisbane, Australia, Earth

we don't have fierce rivalry in australia, instead we have rugby league players each with their own personal sex scandal

New York City
Anamanaguchi wrote:

Here people don't really have 'state' pride

In USA, sports are an excuse to eat lots of junk food at the stadium.
xD

Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

I still question myself how anyone can play in La Bombonera.

You need a big pair of HUEVOS big_smile

What I hate about fútbol, having grown here, is the obsession there is about it and the "culture" (or lack thereof) it generates. Not to mention the violence. When I was a kid we used to go every time River Plate played local to the games with my whole family. The violence starting around the nineties has removed the family-friendly atmosphere from fútbol and therefore fucked it up. I was a huge follower in my teen days, also checking out 1 or 2 european leagues. Then I got bored.
Also, it gets to my tits that guys here ONLY talk about fútbol. Think how fucking annoying it is when people are monothematic..

Marseille

dont forget about jugoslavian football, started a civil war smile

Hull, UK

my team will be relegated from the premier league this season.
oh well.

Brazil

Hehe, weird how argentina and brazil are not that different. Except brazilians are dumber.

And Brazil will host a cup in 2014. Ha, biggest joke of the decade.

Clinton Hill

I feel like certain aspects of Baseball can go hand in hand with being a "nerd". It was not why I was initially drawn to it, but it is why I keep watching it. It satisfies my craving for statistical analysis. It is also fun for me to watch baseball culture being co-opted by nerdy statistics people and the reaction that this trend gets from the "old baseball crowd"

Madison, WI

My stepfather is absolutely batshit crazy about the Yankees.  If it was just a blind adoration for the team I'd be annoyed, but with him it's a very deep relationship.  He knows a lot about the players, the history of the team, the statistics...

What gets to me is dumb sports fans.  As a wisconsinite I live amongst some of the most idiotic Football (hand egg) fans the world over.  I percieve football (real football) fans as a larger population and thus more diverse, so I have fewer problems with it.

Last edited by nonfinite (Jan 8, 2010 4:53 pm)

Marseille

what about cricket, isnt that a very good definition of nerd-sports?

New York City
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Hehe, weird how argentina and brazil are not that different. Except brazilians are dumber.

I wouldn't say dumber, I would say MORE FANATIC, and 10 times more obsessed.

Hey, dubmood, put some order here. The yanks are converting the fútbol thread into a baseball nerdfest
xD

Brooklyn NY US

Can I get a FUCK YEAH for CURLING??!?

Madison, WI

Fuck no.

Brazil
dubmood wrote:

what about cricket, isnt that a very good definition of nerd-sports?

People don't know, but cricket is a very played game here in Brazil. We just call it by another name. And the name is Taco. Believe it or not.