matt's mind

carrying over from the 'check-in' thread, since there are enough interested now...

some of us are joining up for dinner/drinks before the open mic

8:00, at Pongsri Thai which is @ 106 Bayard Street.

this is the list of interested people:
-- bryface
-- decktonic
-- justinthursday +1
-- kitsch
-- pixls

this would be a great chance for those of us who travelled to nyc alone to meet some people and learn some faces (like me!), or just a chance to get together and hang out without anything going on except food/drinks/laughter.

since it just started raining, i'll have a brightish green rain jacket on me, or in my hand.  with a short beard on mi face.  should be easy to find, i'll hang out front until someone else shows.

Westfield, NJ

just two things:

- I want beer (or sake or soju)
- I don't want to be late for the open mic

Last edited by Decktonic (May 24, 2012 8:38 pm)

matt's mind

k.  i don't want to be late either.  we can bump it up to 8 if everyone wants.  nothing is set in stone at all at this point.  don't even know where...  just want to meet up, eat, drink, then open-mic it.

matt's mind

updated list.

here's some asian places in the area.  comments anyone?:

nha trang
jaya malaysian
thai son
excellent dumpling house
china village
pongsri

those are the ones i've found on google maps within a couple block radius of DCTV (where the open mic is).  nha trang and jaya are cheap, thai son is supposed to have a wait normally during busy times, don't know a thing about the others yet.  if anyone has ideas, speak up!

oh, pongsri (thai) has a pretty decent menu (its online), the prices are from 7ish- 13, depending on what you get, unless you have to have a special or duck or something thats of course higher.

re: sake/soju, trying to figure that out as well.  some online menus just say 'alcoholic beverages', i'll update if i find something else out...  alcohol options are pretty nondescript on the websites though.

Westfield, NJ

'alcoholic beverages' sounds good enough to me and I love thai.

matt's mind

ok.  pongsri?

its @ 106 Bayard St. (corner of Baxter)

at 8?  or 8:30?

EVERYONE WHO WANTS can come, open invite.  soon i won't be able to update this thread, going out to meet up with justin when he gets settled...

vancouver, canada

i'm cool with 8, assuming we give ourselves an hour or so to eat + digest our meal.  people can trickle in so long as they know that the probability of getting and finishing your meal on time diminishes they later they are.

matt's mind

coo.  8 it is.

i'll update the top.

but, for the bottom:

Dinner/Drinks @ 8 tonight @ Pongsri

then, pulsewave open-mic right down the street.

come and catch up with friends, or meet new people!  trickle in, come whenever...

Westfield, NJ

See u at 8!

Westfield, NJ

FYI cash / Amex ONLY!

matt's mind

Come join us!  Weve got a big table...

Westfield, NJ

yo Pongsri was so good. also the open mic was ok.

matt's mind

Yeah pongsri was tasty.  I was standing outside waiting on people (right after decktonic walked in) and a girl walked by and said , ew let's not eat there it sucks...  And I asked her where to go and she looked around and said, it's Chinatown!

But it wasn't sucky at all.  Good to meet everybody smile

Westfield, NJ
kitsch wrote:

Yeah pongsri was tasty.  I was standing outside waiting on people (right after decktonic walked in) and a girl walked by and said , ew let's not eat there it sucks...  And I asked her where to go and she looked around and said, it's Chinatown!

But it wasn't sucky at all.  Good to meet everybody smile

that girl was dumb.