The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Edit: When the album is released, this thread will NOT be used. Pxl-Bot will create a new thread.

Preview of my album: of Atoms and Stardust up now.
(Or if you don't like soundcloud)

(not album cover)

Each song is made using dual LSDJ carts (aka x2lsdj) and Gameboy Advance SPs. My DMGs crash when trying to play the songs.
Digital download will be available June 19th on my Bandcamp page. (For FREE)
It will include the LSDJ .sav files for both gameboys I use.

Love to hear any input you have. smile

If there's enough interest, I may do a deluxe version, down the line, of the songs with my full setup. (Microkorg, drum machines, mebbee even some piano, etc.) Hopefully I won't be lazy. wink

Last edited by Auxcide (Jun 13, 2012 6:59 pm)

Virginia

I was already digging Selene when you uploaded it, but I'm listening to the previewer now as I type and I have to say, I am def liking what you have to offer. It certainly makes me want to get what I need to use for my LSDJ. I'd also like to comment the songs name and the concept of the album art and all of it, It's pretty awesome. That is indeed very creative, my friend.

Thanks! All the songs have meanings and interpretations. Like Dawn is clearly the danciest one and it makes sense if you think of dawn as a celebration of a new day. Moon is the nightlife as Sun is joyful and upbeat for possibilities. And so on. Those 3 songs all go together. Literally one ends abruptly as the next starts. I'll be including a file of all of the songs recorded flawlessly after the other so it gets the full effect.

--

Last edited by ioflow (Jan 5, 2017 8:53 pm)

Virginia

That's a  pretty well thought out concept. I admire your way of thinking.

Seriously, thanks guys. The tracklisting art is similar to the album cover.
As far as transitions, the best one is between the first song (new cosmos) and aphelion. New cosmos brings in the arp melody from aphelion at the end as it speeds up. When Aphelion starts it's the same melody but the key is now 3 steps up. It came out really well. Another one is from Selene and Eos. Eos starts with a crash and an arp in the 6th of the scale. I realize some media players add time at the end of a song so that file of all the songs will be included. wink

Virginia

I'm so anxious to hear how the transitions are now that you mention it. I never really knew how to make songs end for transitions into the next and make it flow. This could possibly be something that could learn me a thing or few to help. But then again I use something else and had made mini mixes (longest being about 11 minutes with about 6 songs transitioned but all one track). I never felt the need to chop them up and make it available for download. In my opinion, they weren't really that great.

So I dunno, maybe this would be something that help a little bit to give me an idea on how to work it out.
I wish there was a "subscribe to member" button or something of that nature to help me keep tabs on those whose music I enjoy.

Brisbane

June 19th is noted in my calendar

Thanks for deciding to include the .sav files, if the full thing is as awesome as the preview sounds then they will be very useful smile

Thank you everyone, this is now technically an album and no longer an ep. Topic title changed. I think everyone will like what I've done with this. Revamped some stuff, heavier kicks, bigger beats, bassier bass. Mastering came out good. Almost set to sit back and wait for the day. ;]

New Orleans, Louisiana

Wow, can't wait for this! Really digging that preview.

Awesome! I can't wait to hear your stuff with real hard kicks dude! big_smile

I had already released Selene here at cm.o but that was just a demo;
   Here is the full mastered track from my album. Also you can see the cover art. smile

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

CAN NOT wait for the 19th wink

Medina, Ohio

Dude this is tight, you got a label set up? If not, I'm from dmgcontrol.com and im interested. smile

Philadelphia

I'm so ready for this to come out now.