Toronto Area, Canada

I wanna get the vocal samples and a couple others out of the Killer Instinct soundtrack for SNES.

As far as I can tell converting the SPC files to MOD would be the best way to do it. Unfortunately all the utilities for doing this are in DOS and I'm kinda short on patience, is there an easier way for me to get the samples out of the music ?

If not is there someone out there who would be willing to do the conversions for me?
I could pitch a couple bucks through paypal for your troubles...

thx.

Hey, i did some research and found this: http://www.vgmusic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic … mp;t=11269

Its an application that rips samples.

Brazil

You can change it to .it and then open it on milkytracker, if that helps.

By change to .it i mean there is a conversor of spc to it, which is easier cause mod has only 4 channels and it can get all those 8 channels of snes.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Jun 3, 2012 6:58 pm)

Russia, Moscow

SPC is not a standartized format like MOD, it is code+data dump, like SID or NSF file formats. So music by itself can't be automatically converted to MOD (not to mention that SNES always has 16-bit samples), the best that is possible in theory is something like NSF to MIDI results (no patterns, glitchy). The samples, however, are always in standart ADPCM compressed format, because that's how the hardware works, so they could be ripped 100%.

Last edited by Shiru (Jun 3, 2012 7:12 pm)

Unsubscribe

Start in impulse tracker and then use this:
http://snes.mukunda.com/

Russia, Moscow

OP wants to convert SPC to MOD, not make SNES music.

Toronto Area, Canada

thx guys, I found a ripper that's sort of working, takes forever going through these but I'll find what I'm looking for...

DEADBEATBLAST wrote:

thx guys, I found a ripper that's sort of working, takes forever going through these but I'll find what I'm looking for...

I'm assuming you're using SNESSOR. If not, you should try it out, but for future reference (if people are brave enough to type their question into the search bar rather than start a new thread) SNESSOR is almost certainly the best way to do this.

Toronto Area, Canada
Stevens wrote:
DEADBEATBLAST wrote:

I'm assuming you're using SNESSOR. If not, you should try it out, but for future reference (if people are brave enough to type their question into the search bar rather than start a new thread) SNESSOR is almost certainly the best way to do this.

yes, clearly i'm retarded and didn't try figuring out myself... stupid me. I wish i could punch people through the internet.