California, US

Hello there,
I just released an EP and I'm interested to hear what you guys think/what needs improvement/tips etc.

Here are, in my opinion, the best two tracks.

http://slimegirls.bandcamp.com/track/vacation-wasteland

http://slimegirls.bandcamp.com/track/splash-nebula

For one thing, this was my first time ever recording drums and also mixing in guitars with drums, so I know that needs major improvement, but beyond that...yeah.

Thanks

East Kilbride, Scotland

I love Bomb The Music Industry.

rochester, ny

this is great. recording sounds great, songs sound great. very fun. good job!

Austin, TX

This is real real real dang good.

austin, tx

this is the best chip music i've heard all year! really great job. please make more IMMEDIATELY.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Goooood ass stuff, instant download. Looking forward to what you produce if this is "super-demo"!!

Rochester, NY

album art is baller

considering upping the volume of acoustic kick and snares a bit, and toning down the volume of the cymbals

I'd be proud if this was my first release

EDIT: I think I want you on my anime tribute thing I'm thinking of doing, would you be interested?  at the very least you seem to have a hardon for eva, like myself, so I can give you props for that

EDIT: FYI I listened to tracks 1-5 then skipped to cruel angel before downloading, I think that drum mixing crit I said is probably true throughout though

Last edited by ChipsChallengeBand (Jun 3, 2012 3:37 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I agree with chips, the bass drum and snare needs boosting. Losing a lot of energy. Great music, very energetic. Expecting some more good stuff from yous.

Edit: making a splash already. Heard you guys just did your first show. Love that you're near me. big_smile

Last edited by Auxcide (Jun 3, 2012 6:28 am)

California, US

Well jeez! Thank you everybody! Also, I definitely agree and see what you're saying about the drums. I really didn't know what I was doing as far as recording them goes, and then mixing them was a first as well. I'll definitely keep that in mind! Thank you

Melbourne, AU

I'm gonna buy that cassette. When I have money. Which is NEVER

Chicago, IL

what did you do for recording you drums? as far as mics and mic placement went

Last edited by squidula (Jun 4, 2012 1:40 am)

Rochester, NY

That was definitely something I forgot to ask

California, US

Wellllllll. The thing about THAT is....I had no idea what I was doing. I have a set of drum mics my other band uses for live gigs so I used the kick mic pretty much right inside the kickdrum (one of the ones that has a hole), 1 snare mic clipped on the side of the snare drum, an overhead mic near the ride and crash cymbals and then one more of the standard sized mics pointed at the hi-hat and these all went into my audio interface directly and the drums were recorded in my bedroom which produces kind of a nice sound if you're' actually in there. Looking back, I should probably have really borrowed some SM-57s that I know a friend has and also had someone acting as engineer to help with mic placement. I was also sort of rushed so I didn't get a chance to try out more than, say, 2 different mic arrangements. Anything I record from now on I definitely want to get someone else to do it for me haha.

Rochester, NY

Well I don't know much about recording drums (ekits4lyfe) but, I mean, you micced the snare, and you micced the kick, so you should've been able to mix them individually, yeah?  You'll do better next time easily

Seriously this is solid

rochester, ny

makes me feel so good!
great first release.

Chicago, IL

Well your drums sound a lot better than the drums I've ever recorded. It is seriously my weakest point in recording. So take it with a grain of salt but I feel like your drums should have stood out more than they did. But seriously this and the new Architects album has been on repeat for the past day smile