UK
goto80 wrote:

Someone should connect this thread to the hole that TCTD left....

Algorithmic recommendations is okay, but human-selected materials is usually way more interesting.
This isn't necessarily a topic about code/design. We should just talk more about what we like, maybe? The tools are already there...

this.

plus, there would be quite a lot of work involved in developing a recommendations system and a lot of testing to get something that works well for the data we have. clustering based on similar likes might be interesting but would likely also introduce extra server overhead.

Unsubscribe
goto80 wrote:

Someone should connect this thread to the hole that TCTD left....

Algorithmic recommendations is okay, but human-selected materials is usually way more interesting.
This isn't necessarily a topic about code/design. We should just talk more about what we like, maybe? The tools are already there...

I should point out that tctd did have a BEST OF 8bc type thread, and it was a fucking GRIND. I switched to just tweeting songs I liked on twitter, but im sure I missed tons more music. An rss feed of music comments would help alot for any curator who wanted to follow what was cool.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK
herr_prof wrote:

An rss feed of music comments would help alot for any curator who wanted to follow what was cool.

I'm pretty sure that's what Fuxter is setting up?? Basically anyway, it has the potential to be limited only to posts on tracks.
And as for the drama thing, yeah I don't anyone really HATES anyone here or anything, and yes it's real emotion but maybe that's just because we're more passionate about our and other people's stuff which surely is a good thing. At the end of the day I still LOVE ALL OF YEESE

Boston, MA

my 2 cents : on 8bc i almost never listened to the #1 voted song because I could expect typical hype chip, I was always listening to the 4th 5th and 6th of the week or whatever, thats where the real unique quality chip lived

Lexington, KY
ultramega wrote:

my 2 cents : on 8bc i almost never listened to the #1 voted song because I could expect typical hype chip, I was always listening to the 4th 5th and 6th of the week or whatever, thats where the real unique quality chip lived

Hipster, defined. heart

Rochester, NY

~if you were listening to the top 10 you weren't listening to unique chip~

Gosford, Australia

i listened to unique chip before it was cool!

buffalo, NY

LOL if you think the top was mostly bullshit.

I discovered FearOfDark, BlitzLunar, Zef, Beastmode, j Arthur Keenes , Pongball and probably 10 others on the charts.  There were plenty of diverse awesome musicians there.

Ok I knew pong ball beforehand, but she was #1 for like a month and she's amazing

Last edited by danimal cannon (Jun 5, 2012 3:28 pm)

Rochester, NY

~I only listen to fakebit covers on youtube~

Brazil

I still think that doing a rating system or something like that will bring mayan mayhem soon, like the off topic forum at 8bc. never 4get.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Jun 5, 2012 3:51 pm)

buffalo, NY

Btw I'm sure it was mentioned but if you want 8BC back, IT'S ALREADY HERE

http://ucollective.org/

Lexington, KY
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

Hardcore as fuck!!

Brazil
danimal cannon wrote:

Oh I thought I could retrieve my lost songs... hmm
Actually I misread it (if you want 8bc tracks back)

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Jun 5, 2012 7:57 pm)

Rochester, NY
Solarbear wrote:
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

Hardcore as fuck!!

~GUYS DID YOU HEAR THOSE RADIOHEAD ARRANGES??!?!?!!~

Godzilladelph
danimal cannon wrote:

GODDAMN that site is HIDEOUS.

that being said, i'm digging it so far

Brighton/Southampton
danimal cannon wrote:

LOL if you think the top was mostly bullshit.

I discovered FearOfDark, BlitzLunar, Zef, Beastmode, j Arthur Keenes , Pongball and probably 10 others on the charts.  There were plenty of diverse awesome musicians there.

Ok I knew pong ball beforehand, but she was #1 for like a month and she's amazing

I found most of my favourite artists through the charts system as well; I remember Kulor and Shnab had #1's on there. A lot of the Famicompo guys appeared on there as well.. then I found out they were all on Ubiktune tongue

I don't necessarily support a charts system (a recommendations bar on the side might be quite good), but I think people exaggerate the number of dance tracks that actually made it on there, and a lot of the dance tracks that did make it on there were generally quite good as dance tracks.

Last edited by Fearofdark (Jun 5, 2012 8:46 pm)