Well, I was going to buy the Numark DXM06. But, I really don't need all of it's bells and whistles. So, now I'm looking for a more simpler mixer.
Desired specs: 2 channels at least,cross fader/master fader, and maybe some effects.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

::[ INPUT USER SETUP FOR OPTIMUM COMPATIBILITY ]::

I need to know what you plan to run through it. What's your setup?

Edit: I said "I" but I mean "they" because this is now a little out of my realm. I don't know much about mixers with built in effects.

Last edited by Auxcide (Jun 6, 2012 6:52 am)

shanghai

jeez.....do a search. there was a whole thread started about this only a few weeks ago.

IL, US

yeah, there was, but if you read that thread, the person was looking for a more traditional mixer, not a dj mixer like this person here is...i find no harm in a dj mixer specific thread, since we have one for general mixers where people gave little detail about what they use and one for traditional mixer with details
also, have you ever tried our search? let's just say it has its bugs wink
added "DJ" to the thread title for clarity

edit: no effects built-in, but kkrusty has a numark m2 he seems to like and theyre only $90 at the moment

Tokyo, Japan

I like the xone 22, cheap, xone, loverly filter, fairly small. Only thing which bugs me is the rack ears which is dont want.

Milwaukee, WI

If I could find a perfect mixer, it would be 2 channel, with a 3 band EQ for vox insert (forget two band!!!), built in filter, FX send, and EQ kill switches.  Xone:22 and Ecler Nuo 2.0 come so close.  ;_;

New York City
e.s.c. wrote:

yeah, there was, but if you read that thread, the person was looking for a more traditional mixer, not a dj mixer like this person here is..

No, there was a DJ mixer discussion going on. I remember talking DJ mixers with celsius around here and those are the only type I use.

For a simple setup like what you want, I would highly recommend an Ecler 2 channel mixer. The old ones are cool but I can't find them anywhere. The new Ecler Nuo might be OK but I haven't tested it (neither I did the SMAC model)

http://www.eclerdjdivision.com/productC … &lang=

Madison, Alabama
Theta_Frost wrote:

If I could find a perfect mixer, it would be 2 channel, with a 3 band EQ for vox insert (forget two band!!!), built in filter, FX send, and EQ kill switches.  Xone:22 and Ecler Nuo 2.0 come so close.  ;_;

I recently bought a Behringer Nox404 for just that reason.  I wanted two channels, but I wanted a mic input and a high and low pass filter.  It has 2 channels plus a mic input, built in FX and FX send, 3 band full-kill EQ, pretty decent layout.  The cross fader feels good.  It does not have kill switches though.

http://www.behringer.com/CN/Products/NOX404.aspx

Last edited by roboctopus (Jun 6, 2012 9:28 pm)

shanghai

sell your grandma and buy a pioneer djm 50000 !