IL, US

jellica was making a joke, not being a jerk... i feel most of the "drama" in this thread comes from simply misunderstanding the intentions of the person posting... try rereading this thread with the thought that people are trying to be helpful, weigh the pros and cons and sometimes just being a little silly to attempt to lighten the mood (since thats most of what has gone on in here)

Forest Maze
Jellica wrote:

ant1 should upload more music here.

i'd like that.

some other good artists as well maybe.

mmm anyway, did no one notice that you can arrange the music on here by rating, replies and views?

popularity contest.

huh I never noticed that before, but what is this "featured music" option, is there some power at be putting it there or what?

Last edited by NUCLACE (Jun 6, 2012 1:45 pm)

IL, US

if by "power at be" you mean some lines of code, then id have to yes

My Igloo

I have to agree with JeMappelle in some parts! I have also found almost all the chip artists that I like through 8bc and some of the best by the means of the chart system (I won't bother mentioning them all). I still find it very rewarding wading through the "ocean of shit" as some people call the frontpage of music. Even though it's rare to find gems and awfully time consuming. That's why the system was great. And face it, there is a sense to music that we all can agree on and regard as a technical standard for the better or the worse. Get off your high horses and stop spitting the public in the face wink

It's very rare for me to listen to music over here since I have other sites that I find more "giving" music-wise. I mainly lurk the forums here since they are the best and the most entertaining (like this post). I know that I benefited from the chartsystem and it gave me some extra motivation to push my boundaries. With that said, this is probably not the place for a chart-system as stated before. heart

East Kilbride, Scotland
PolarBirds wrote:

Even though it's rare to find gems and awfully time consuming. That's why the system was great. And face it, there is a sense to music that we all can agree on and regard as a technical standard for the better or the worse. Get off your high horses and stop spitting the public in the face wink

It's very rare for me to listen to music over here since I have other sites that I find more "giving" music-wise. I mainly lurk the forums here since they are the best and the most entertaining (like this post). I know that I benefited from the chartsystem and it gave me some extra motivation to push my boundaries. With that said, this is probably not the place for a chart-system as stated before. heart

There is nothing stopping the users that want a chart system from populating somewhere like ucollective and posting here too. Rather than haphazardly integrate an all-in-one website that pleases no-one, why don't you start taking advantage of the things different chip communities have to offer?

I think it'd make sense to just close this thread now with a link to ucollective saying, if you want charts, go here.

Lexington, KY
herr_prof wrote:

I judge people solely by their avatars sometimes.

Ant1 really is a duck. He lives in a nice little pond makIng quirky chip music.

San Diego, CA
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

In the end if you want "new" music that's also "good" you're going to have to wade through a bunch of shit yourself because WASSGUD is subjective.

Isn't this how we all discovered this kind of music, anyway? Searching all over the internet, finding dead end sites and then FINALLY stumbling on that one artist that really clicked with you, leading you to look for more stuff like that? When did we get so busy with our MUSIC MAKING CAREERS that we had to use charts and ratings rather than good ol' word of mouth to find out about good new artists?

On the other hand, if you aren't finding the music you want to hear, you probably don't care enough about music, judging by how amazingly fucking easy it is to get music nowadays. It's crazy! Not to get all Louis C.K. on everyone, but it is, at this moment, easier to find new music than it has EVER BEEN in our ENTIRE WORLD HISTORY. And still we blame the site for not delivering good content to us sad

That's ok! No one's judging you! It's fine if you don't care enough about music to find all the artists you want to listen to -- you just can't blame the site for it.

Again, not directed toward anyone in particular, just generalizing.

(Also, for those interested, you should buy and watch Tapecrackers, which is an oral history of jungle pirate radio by a single dude. It's honestly really great, and it's a great insight into how people used to listen to/enjoy music before the INTERNET.)

Rochester, NY

don't know why you retyped my post, that's what I said

edit: I guess you agree

Last edited by ChipsChallengeBand (Jun 6, 2012 5:48 pm)

San Diego, CA

yeah, I'm just clumsily agreeing

shanghai

lets just let An1 decide what we do and be done with it. Everyone loves Ant1. Also where Gnarsauce at. Hot soxy babes anyone ? arrr memories. also the people saying "there are a lot of cool artists that really mostly did singles, and would chart from time to time". ( Jredd or SkipsandwichDX or Doomsberry Fearofdark ), ......i get this and sort of agree. but then i just think, stop being lazy fucks. 'Singles collection' whack that shit on bandcamp for gratis problem sold. Id be very happy to stumble across FOD release on the releases section here. i mean it was nice getting the odd track but releases are better. There are many people are had in my '8bc random' folder that i goggled recently, and it wasnt hard to find that most had net label releases, tumblirs,soundclouds, releases on bandcamp etc.....and as i said before, i found more shit off a tangent from that, stuff those people had commented on on soundcloud etc.....i think if there was gonna be any system here....then favouriting tracks would be quite nice. but as said before you'd only see that from looking on beans profilez yo. anyway you can find lots of dope shit on my soundcloud. look at who i am following, you ll see its all dope cos im cool. im doper than dope and certainly doper than Will.i.am yo.

shanghai

but i do miss the lady gaga covers from 8bc

Sweeeeeeden
Downstate wrote:

lets just let An1 decide what we do and be done with it. Everyone loves Ant1. Also where Gnarsauce at. Hot soxy babes anyone ? arrr memories. also the people saying "there are a lot of cool artists that really mostly did singles, and would chart from time to time". ( Jredd or SkipsandwichDX or Doomsberry Fearofdark ), ......i get this and sort of agree. but then i just think, stop being lazy fucks. 'Singles collection' whack that shit on bandcamp for gratis problem sold. Id be very happy to stumble across FOD release on the releases section here. i mean it was nice getting the odd track but releases are better. There are many people are had in my '8bc random' folder that i goggled recently, and it wasnt hard to find that most had net label releases, tumblirs,soundclouds, releases on bandcamp etc.....and as i said before, i found more shit off a tangent from that, stuff those people had commented on on soundcloud etc.....i think if there was gonna be any system here....then favouriting tracks would be quite nice. but as said before you'd only see that from looking on beans profilez yo. anyway you can find lots of dope shit on my soundcloud. look at who i am following, you ll see its all dope cos im cool. im doper than dope and certainly doper than Will.i.am yo.

ant1?

Chicago
Downstate wrote:

but i do miss the lady gaga covers from 8bc

and Benjeta.

Unsubscribe

I should point out that ANT1 already tried to show us the shining path:
http://truechiptilldeath.com/blog/categ … in-review/

IL, US

and i should point out that i don't love (or really have any strong opinion of) ant1

BOSTON
herr_prof wrote:

I should point out that ANT1 already tried to show us the shining path:
http://truechiptilldeath.com/blog/categ … in-review/

to be fair... those are some pretty great tracks. if thats the quality to be expected from him as a curator then he has my vote