Chicago

edit: re-installing fixed the issue
Has this happened to anyone else, where a specific channel stops playing any notes and only a faint blip?
I have a show tonight, so I'm going to all my songs. There are two that I have found where this occurs, both noise channels.
I thought it might just be the instrument, but when I expanded to c/d instruments to rewrite the mis-playing parts, those instruments were still affected. Specifically, I started the instrument, there was the base C and I switched it from mono to stereo. Immediately after doing that, that instrument went from playing the note properly to playing the faint blip.

I'm very confused and very sad.
I just lost the 5th track from my ep, the one I glitch out the program for and do some really interesting noises. I haven't been able to recreate it with any other song I've made, so to lose it to something like this deeply saddens me.

I hope that's enough information.
If someone else can confirm this has happened to them too, I'll send a bug report to Oliver.
I'm pretty confident there's nothing I can do to fix it on my end.

Last edited by theghostservant (Jun 7, 2012 6:28 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Does this happen thru the phone speaker as well as headphones?

Chicago

its was definitely the channel itself. everything else worked fine in the song

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled. That fixed the problem.
Still, if other people have had this issue, I'll report it

Tulsa, OK

on the iPhone, if you have a lot of synth channels with wide open envelopes, the program does not like that and lowers the envelopes by itself, especially with low bassy stuff. I usually use sampled and resampled kicks to help fix the problem - this may not be the same thing, but it does mess up my hi-hats in the noise channel, and turns my notes to short blips. re-installing the app does not fix this problem.

good luck with the show! smile

Last edited by Jake Allison (Jun 8, 2012 4:32 am)

BOSTON

jake, ive definitely had similar problems. report it to oliver (i have a couple of times) and maybe we'll get some updates ;P

Tulsa, OK
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

jake, ive definitely had similar problems. report it to oliver (i have a couple of times) and maybe we'll get some updates ;P

will do smile I really do not understand it much at all, the song becomes a living thing! you have to treat it right or it will go completely wrong

Chicago
Jake Allison wrote:

will do smile I really do not understand it much at all, the song becomes a living thing! you have to treat it right or it will go completely wrong

I've noticed that. You can have an instrument set up in one channel exactly the same as in an other, but it will sound slightly different, depending on what it was before. It's fascinating. The more I 'figure out' MANoloop, the more it confounds me.