KC

So I got a gray dmg for the screen to backlight.

when I got it I opened it up and dusted it off with comp duster, cleaned it with some alcohol and now after cleaning it while I have the shell apart but the lcd screen plugged in and a game loaded the screen is black and nothing I try gets it to go back to normal with a picture, but when I screw the entire thing back together, pcb boards to shell and shell closed tightly, I now have a picture like normal.

any Ideas what kind of problem this is and how to prevent/fix it?

Last edited by Grymmtymm (May 26, 2012 6:05 pm)

KC

I inspected it real closely its black when those contacts (springy pieces of bent metal) between the pcbs aren't touching the screen is black, but when they touch the picture fades in, take them off the picture fades out to black

Grounding issue. check that cable that plugs into the rear pcb

KC

what should I check for?

Inspect the cable, can you take a picture of the connection? Also did you put a backlight in it make any other adjustments from a stock gameboy

KC

which part of the connection? a backlight is the reason that I took it apart and cleaned it, I went ahead and started the backlight so now the housing and polarization film is off.

and I ran over the connections of the ribbon to the pcb board with soldering iron just to make sure everything was connected there, I'll put up a pic in a minute

KC

That is odd. Not sure honestly. As long as it works when screwed together

KC

well Im going to change the capacitators while I have everything taken apart, why not?

I'll post if that helps at all.

KC

changing the capacitators doesn't help either

Easton, PA, USA

I have got the same problem with a mgb right now, just backlit it. ( white, and quite a pain) every damn pixel is alive but unresponsive besides changing tone in different screens (Kirby for testing)