http://www.nanoloop.com/node/25

Rice Lake, WI

Awesome, but sad, cause I don't have an Iphone nor do I plan on buying one sad

Tacoma WA

oh man cool.

wish i had an iphone now.

or any plan of buying one.

Newcastle, UK

If I get that job in the Apple store I'm totally downloading this onto the 'here have a go, but its secured so you cant steal it' models.

Italy

I have an iphone... I'll let you know as soon as I get hold of this... which I will... just too tempting! smile Though, it's kind of weird, I mean... why not get it on the GB and have the real thing? but whatever...

))<>((

I'ma have to install this on my friend's iPhone. ;P

ad-hell-aide

Bought it. Can't wait to get into it.

Tokyo, Japan

This looks totally hot.

Just need to get the block taken off my credit card now, and this will be a definite purchase.

There are quite a few perks about this version that make it both off putting and strangely intriguing to me.  For one, the instruments are edited on a separate part of the interface instead of being placed within the grid.  This forces each channel to be locked to the instrument you create for it at first (similar to 2.0-2.2).  The thing about that is, while you don't have full parameter control, stepwise, you can edit one parameter per step and change which parameter that happens to be.

Also, the biggest reasons to get this over the hardware Nanoloop are the price ($9 for the iPhone vs $100 for GBA) and the fact the iPhone version does samples as well.

All in all, it seems like a logical progression to me.  Nanoloop seems like it would lend itself to a touch friendly interface in the first place and the iPhone not only allows him to distribute it easily, but also make a decent buck all whilst getting it into the hands of as many users as possible.  Also, the idea of a software Nanoloop gives me fantasies of actually UPDATING the software instead of just living with stupid bugs!

Milton Keynes, England

HOLY BUTTS! downloading this as soon as i actually have any money in my account.

Milan, Italy

a NintendoDS version would have been better.

arottenbit wrote:

a NintendoDS version would have been better.

While I agree, it just doesn't make sense when you look at this from Oliver's perspective.  If he was going to release it on DS he would have to either sell the ROM or create his own carts.  The DS lacks a decent digital distribution service (DSiWare is mediocre at best).  He is obviously not going to sell just the ROM, that promote piracy and is something he has stood firm on avoiding with every previous version of NL.  The second option (create and sell his own carts) poses a lot of problems.  The biggest on being simply the way DS carts work.  There is a lot of challenges involved in creating a proprietary cartridge, but there are even more challenges with creating one when the hardware is as small and restrictive as a DS cart.  This would also drive prices up and cause it to likely be quite a bit more expensive than current NL incarnations with it still offering almost the exact same feature set.  The move to iPhone reduces prices and gets it in the hands of many more people which are always good things.

Philly, PA, USA

well you can get like a dev license/kit or whatever can't you? it costs a lot, but i'm sure there would be people who would donate for that.
also if it was a legit marketable game it would open up the potential for revenue

but that's besides the point, and mostly incoherent

i got the iphone version on my ipod touch
it's a lot of fun to use, very intuitive, and really cool. personally i still prefer LSDJ for putting together a song, but i do quite like the sliders and everything here. it's really nice

PS does this really belong in Nintendo Handhelds?

Last edited by pixls (Feb 17, 2010 1:09 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Also just purchased this, I will have a play today, really curious about everyones impressions thus far.

Ooohhhh

With nanoloop for iPhone, you can send your saved projects to other nanoloop users via e-mail. If nanoloop is installed on the recipient's iPhone / iPod, she/he can simply tap on the file name in the received e-mail to start nanoloop and import the attached file so that it is available for editing.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Feb 17, 2010 1:38 am)

NYC

will be getting this soon

Roanoke, VA

(works corner for 9 bucks)