Philadelphia

http://soundcloud.com/chrisdepew/untitl … song-wip-1

So this is the first song I've ever done in LSDJ. It's not really too great, but oh well. Criticism and suggestions/tips would really be appreciated since I obviously still don't know a lot about the program.

Rochester, NY

hmmm storm blooper

I feel like that name was at 8static yesterday

there's nothing really wrong with the song but if you don't think it's too great than I'll agree with you

.FILTHadelphia

Oh shit you were at 8static last night? Did you play open mic? I missed it, got there right at the end of Chromacle.

As for the song I'm loving the sound design. Greats sounds in that track.

NC in the US of America

I like the off-beat noise percussion.

New Albany Indiana

Man, ive been playing with lsdj for about 4 months now and my songs are not this good, im a lill'jelly.

New Albany Indiana

I guess you had experience doing covers and stuff.

Fargo

It sounds like you've been playing around with the commands and the wave channel.  I'd say this is good for a first track and you are moving in the right direction.  Keep doing what you're doing.  Mess with stuff, change parameters, and listen.  Experiment with how to share channels to make it sound like there is more stuff going on at once, too.  Your music will start to get better and better.

Philadelphia

Yeah I was there, I played second and fucked up a bit haha. But thank you everyone. I'm still not sure what to do for the snare. I played around with a couple of different sweeps but I feel like the one snappier one towards the middle of the song might be a bit too intense.