I love my Philips PMC100. I managed to pick it up very cheaply and in amazing condition. I messed up big time the other day and ran an adaptor through it, at the right voltage...but the wrong polarity. The PMC100 is a kind of strange FM composer with an in-built tape player that one can record onto. Here's a picture (not of mine, but it looks exactly the same):

I've taken it to an electrics place near here but they haven't a clue how to handle one of these. If you do (and preferably are based in the UK - but don't be afraid to chip in if not, I am very keen to find someone who knows about these and I'm willing to look further afield if I have to), then reply to this post, send me a private message or email me at stevenosurname[at]gmail[dot]com.

If you have one of these that you don't want (or don't want as much as me), then I will buy it for a very reasonable price. Again, feel free to get in contact here or via email.

Last edited by Stevens (Apr 23, 2012 8:09 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

I'm going to throw a wild guess out here and say that running a reverse polarity power supply probably blew either an internal fuse or a capacitor in the power supply. It probably shouldn't be a particularly difficult repair, even without a schematic!

Hopefully that electronics shop will be able to figure it out. If we weren't "across the pond" I'd offer to fix it myself.

New York City

Yeah I wasn't way off the mark then! I told Steve probably a capacitor had blown up. I guess that shop was just scared and didnt want to risk it.

I can put you in contact with the guy who fixed my Amiga case he can give it a look.

hi i just came across your message in a google search, whilst looking for fm info on the pmc100 as  i've just put up a pmc100 boxed unit on ebay if your still looking for a replacement. Did you manage to get the other fixed? i fried an old Roland box in the similar way but with at stupid emagic 9v AC the cap exploded into cloud of smoke that had me running down the stairs before the fire alarms went off and placing it on the lawn. It did quite a bit of damaged killed two regulators and 2 caps.

fixed1t (aka circus_frontman)