Joliette, QC, Canada
Cooshinator wrote:

Just recently read "1984", super fantastic; it's both exciting and thought provoking on a massive scale.

In Montreal, someone got arrested in the metro (subway) because he was reading this book !!!
SPVM are just so fuckin' over-abusing police !!!
...Ill stop there, I don't really want to make 10 000 paragraphs about how fuck'd the medias are in Quebec !

AANABAY01

i grinned my way through Melvins "Freak Puke". it wasn't amazing, but it was the Melvins and we share a certain quantity over quality rock stance

also great was Khonnor's "new" Inpuj release which is creative and hilarious

i'm reading Ursula K. LeGuin "A Fisherman of the Inland Sea". ant1 bought it for me!

Cooshinator wrote:

Just recently read "1984", super fantastic; it's both exciting and thought provoking on a massive scale. I'm in the middle of "Brave New World", "The Diversity of Life", "The Stand" and some others. All are very good so far. Also just read "To Kill a Mockingbird". Very good, but it's way too simple and not in depth enough to be the masterpiece some people make it out to be

1984 churns my stomach.  There is only one fact in which I take comfort:
The Inner Party draws its members from the ranks of the Outer Party, those who have been purposefully brainwashed.  O'brien speaks of the ultimate victory of Big Brother and the Party, but neglects to mention that the logic behind the processes that were/are used to control the populace will be lost upon those who are already under their sway.  A brainwashed member of the Outer Party will not really be able to grasp just how total their victory is when their frame of reference doesn't extend any farther than the purview of the Party's history (which is, to them, eternal and immortal).  O'brien knows of the time before the Party, and so he can grasp the nature of the power he wields, but the next generation will be so intellectually and emotionally stunted that their capacity to enjoy or understand that power will be limited in the extreme. 

ANYWAYS, Brave New World is similarly great.  Despite its simplicity, I still really like "To Kill A Mockingbird" as well.

Puerto Rico

People keep shoving Van Halen's latest release in my face.

I watched War of the Roses theother day. It's a great movie, even though it's kinda old.

Keep reading homestuck forever and ever.

AAAAND I played and beat Castlevania, Dawn of Sorrow. Order of Ecclesia was better.

And I read 1984. :B

1984 is quite awesome. Maybe I should read it again soon...

uhajdafdfdfa

i just finished "four ways to forgiveness" by ursula le guin and now i'm going to read "the old straight track" by alfred watkins. the last film i watched was "woman of the dunes", which was fantastic. last album?? well i haven't got anything new in quite a while. i am just listening to the same old kate bush and geinoh yamashirogumi as usual. the radio has been on a bit too, bbc radio 2 and bbc 3 counties radio. neither of my radios get radio 4 for some reason.

canada

the last book i read was the Aeneid.

babylon

i don't watch much but i like to read manga. trying to finish tropical citron , ultra heavan, and planetes at the moment. plus i usually snag the new gantz translations as soon as theyre released.
oh and ive been playing lsd: the dream emulator and have been trying to figure out how to play nethack without dying constantly.
been listening to the new i, cactus. plus a friend got me into louis cole so ive been checking that stuff out.

New Albany Indiana

Electric children are doing a live sampling of their music right now
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/partynetec

walter b. gentle wrote:

i don't watch much but i like to read manga. trying to finish tropical citron , ultra heavan, and planetes at the moment. plus i usually snag the new gantz translations as soon as theyre released.
oh and ive been playing lsd: the dream emulator and have been trying to figure out how to play nethack without dying constantly.

Manga is pretty cool smile
I've been keeping up with the (painfully slow but hastily translated) releases of "It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular!", if my avatar is any indication.  Comes highly recommended.  I've been meaning to give Planetes a look for some time, I'll have to get on that I guess.

The LSD dream emulator looks...well, kinda crazy.  I don't know if it's the good kind of crazy, but it's got that going for it at least.

babylon

yeah i feel ya. nothing like waiting two weeks for your next chapter and then reading it in 7 minutes. smile

reading Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. goes slowly.

Chepachet, Rhode Island
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

This Smirnoff Ice I am nursing is quite good.

How is...I don't even...?

Playing through all the Donkey Kong Countries.
Trying to decided whether I hate the new RUSH album or not.
Watching Spaced.

Chepachet, Rhode Island
fuxter wrote:

My favorite book of all time. Without question.

fuxter wrote:

8-Bit-Rex wrote:
fuxter wrote:

My favorite book of all time. Without question.

Great minds think alike.  It's just fun in ways that nobody else can seem to match.  Through the Looking Glass for the digital age. 

The real question is, however, have you read The Diamond Age?

MegaMantra wrote:

The real question is, however, have you read The Diamond Age?

now i have to =]