After updating my nanoloop 1.6 cart, and putting shitwave in slot-A, I decided to load nanovoice into slot-B. I didn't have much luck, but that's a whole 'nother story. I'm here to post the links to both demo ROMs for your enjoyment.

2003 nanovoice ROM

To my knowledge, this version was never released as an official cartridge. It varies slightly from the version produced on cartridges (below) in that, while holding down A (after selecting a tone) and pressing left or, right, it generates a sequence of tones from highest to lowest. It's a feature I wish he'd included in the carts he produced a few years later.

Nanovoice GB Demo ROM

This is the version released on official cartridges a few years back.

Savannah, Georgia

isnt this on the gbdev archive

Sweeeeeeden
Aeros wrote:

isnt this on the gbdev archive

Not the 2003 version, no. If you look, the second link goes to the archive, though.

Sweeeeeeden

Well, now it's there...

Savannah, Georgia

ahh ok

IL, US

wasn't there also a third, even earlier game boy version? think i have one on my hard drive somewhere
might just be thinking of the java version though, hmm

matt's mind

i have one called nanosynth, would that be it?  it may just be a renamed rom though

Iowa
kitsch wrote:

i have one called nanosynth, would that be it?  it may just be a renamed rom though

Yeah nanosynth was another name for nanovoice

nitro2k01 wrote:

Well, now it's there...

Did you just put it up there? I only found the second one on the dev archive.

Also, could you, and would you do more with Shitwave? :]

Savannah, Georgia
kitsch wrote:

no, i actually think nanosynth is an entirely different program (at least in controls).

Aeros wrote:
kitsch wrote:

no, i actually think nanosynth is an entirely different program (at least in controls).

Are you referring to the first link? That program is called nanosynth, but is listed as nanovoice. I think the names are interchangeable. There are a few differences when putting down notes, and the tones seem to be a lot "dirtier".

Sweeeeeeden

Yeah, I added the old version while you looked away. ("Well, now it's there...")
Nanovoice and Nanosynth are different. Nanovoice is purely a spectral application. Nanovoice is a simple sequencer that was the embryo of Nanoloop. Edit, or I'm just talking out of my ass. At least now all the files are there.

http://gbdev.gg8.se/files/musictools/Ol … Nanosynth/

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Jun 15, 2012 11:21 pm)

Czech Republic

Hello, Nitro
There is actually a second version of nanosynth, which has some sync abbilities.
I still didn't have time to figure out converter from CV trigger to this sync.
but it actually works like this:
connecting 2 contacts of GB's serial port (I have writen which ones somewhere) triggers note, disconnecting them triggers another note etc.
You don't have this version on your sites
Can I send it to you?
I don't remember, where i get this one from...

NorthTtrrrway

both versions suck...
...but shitwave sucks more! wink

edit: just in case i get misunderstood; this is one more call for more shitwave

Last edited by the mist toggles (Oct 23, 2013 8:54 pm)

Czech Republic
the mist toggles wrote:

this is one more call for more shitwave

agree
more musictools from you, nitro...

Alive and well in fucksville

shitwave synced to nanovoice!