Brazil

I think hardware tags are the only thing we need. :3

And bbc code in the description, if it's possible.

New York City

I support tags, of any kind, but I do not support a requirement of describing the software/hardware used. Really unnecessary IMO.

A gray world of dread

A little icon on the submission a la pouet would be nice, though I agree that tags shouldn't be mandatory

Last edited by µB (Jan 8, 2010 2:06 pm)

IL, US
akira^8GB wrote:

I support tags, of any kind, but I do not support a requirement of describing the software/hardware used. Really unnecessary IMO.

dont think anyone meant for it to be mandatory, just a nice option..i think itd be helpful for some people, so they can get to recognize certain pieces of gear's sound and maybe figure out things theyd like to work with as well

New York City
e.s.c. wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

dont think anyone meant for it to be mandatory, just a nice option..i think itd be helpful for some people, so they can get to recognize certain pieces of gear's sound and maybe figure out things theyd like to work with as well

If you add tags PERIOD (not HARDWARE tags), people can do what they  feel like, so that would be awesome big_smile

Finland
akira^8GB wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

If you add tags PERIOD (not HARDWARE tags), people can do what they  feel like, so that would be awesome big_smile

That would be cool, but then there's risk having multiple tags that try to mean the same thing because of typos and grammar, like break beat/breakbeat etc.

New York City
DKSTR wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

That would be cool, but then there's risk having multiple tags that try to mean the same thing because of typos and grammar, like break beat/breakbeat etc.

I dunno, I'm thinking of Last.fm tongue
What I'd do is tag suggestions, when you type. It would suggest you already created tags, so you don't fuck up the spelling and consistency.

Finland
akira^8GB wrote:

I dunno, I'm thinking of Last.fm tongue
What I'd do is tag suggestions, when you type. It would suggest you already created tags, so you don't fuck up the spelling and consistency.

Ah, ok, I dont use Last.fm:) If dev's can do/implement suggestions then that would be awesome.

A gray world of dread

I'm undecided if I prefer fixed or open tags. Boils down to precision vs flexibility.

A cool solution would be to make a list of pre-fab tags for the most common ones to select from, but additionally allow custom entries. That would kill dupes for the most popular tags but still be open for new ones.

Edit: I like the auto-suggestion idea

Last edited by µB (Jan 8, 2010 3:05 pm)

New York City

I am not really sure last.fm does that, i just meant, they don't mind "wrong" tags, but Wordpress has this tag suggestion thing going on and is very useful (comes in handy for us at TCTD)