Huddersfield, UK
dubmood wrote:

I think lyon will get sodomized by real madrid.  3 - 0

and you hope that as well too I bet, eh? wink

real should win though, after all the money they spent. can't see them winning the champions league though, not even top of the league still!

Marseille

I was wrong, they lost! god damn!

Lyon 1 - 0 Real Madrid
Milan AC 2 - 3 Manchester United

I bet lyon wount win in madrid though. Too bad milan lost, not because I support them but I would like to see some non-english teams in the quarter and semifinals this year!

Huddersfield, UK
dubmood wrote:

I was wrong, they lost! god damn!

Lyon 1 - 0 Real Madrid
Milan AC 2 - 3 Manchester United

I bet lyon wount win in madrid though. Too bad milan lost, not because I support them but I would like to see some non-english teams in the quarter and semifinals this year!

It was a good goal from Lyon too. Yeah, I bet everyone is hoping that there is a few less English teams in the latter stages this year, it's just been dominated by English teams for the past few years now. Can't see Milan winning 2-0 at Old Trafford though, Lyon could snatch a win I guess, Madrid should win at home though...

Marseille

is fabianski normally that clumsy? that goal was kind of lousy. 1 - 0 porto

edit: and there porto got pulled back into reality.

Last edited by dubmood (Feb 17, 2010 8:05 pm)

Scotland

The average Premierleague Football player gets paid over £13,000 a week.
The average NHS doctor gets paid under £2000 a week.

"Why are there not enough doctors?! Seems silly! They get paid so well."

David Beckham makes more in a year than an average doctor and the average family combined will in a lifetime.

That sickens me.

Marseille

beckham alone could attract 60.000 ppl to go see a match and another 5.000.000 to watch in on the tellie. that alone brings in more money than 100 families make in a lifetime. and he can repeat that every weekend.

I think that the precent of a clubs income that represent his salary is even smaller than what an artist get on a major label.

in the end it seems pretty fair to me. Then you could complain about all the ppl that gives football the interest and makes ppl like beckham what they are putting all that money in the clubs pockets. but to forbid ppl to like football would be like forbid ppl to like music. so whats your point? would you want a doctor to earn as much as an avarage premier league footballer, would you pay that much to go see the doctor?

There are 139772 doctors in Great Britain. So if the avarage salary is £2000 a week then that makes the total doctors salary in GB £27954400 per week.
There are 579  players in the premier league, so if their avarage salary is 13000 that makes the massalary £7527000 per week aka about 4 times less than the doctors. is that fair?

Last edited by dubmood (Feb 17, 2010 8:59 pm)

Marseille

oh and btw, most docotrs make more in a liftetime that 4-5 avarage families make.    fuckign doktors...

Nashville, Tennessee

well considering there are more than 200 times as many doctors...

uhajdafdfdfa

If the footballers' wages were paid by the state, I could see Edward Shallow's point. But they aren't, they are paid for by people who love football and think it is worth spending money to go to football matches and to watch football on the television. So it's no problem with the system that they get so much money, football is just very popular. smile

edit, haha oops!

Last edited by ant1 (Feb 17, 2010 9:09 pm)

Marseille

and all the ppl that work on gamedays, all the comerces who sells more stuff when 80.000 fans gets hungry, wants to buy souvenirs etc. honestly I think the premier league brings more money (like taxes) to the society than the masssalary for doctors costs society.

Brazil

Shit, I saw the game between Bayern and Fiorentina. Just a bit, was a good game.

I'm watching Flamengo and Botafogo for the Carioca championship (it's weird to say that in english, sounds funny). Good stuff.

Blackpool, Englandshire

I had to bump this because holy fuck:  BLACKPOOL GOT PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!